|Job Ref:||204581388||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bicester||Address:||Post Code:||OX26||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:56|
Electronic Systems Engineer - JD|
Our client is an exciting advanced technology company based in Oxfordshire and specialising in the research and development of wireless sensing technology including Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) sensors as well as other more traditional based systems.
The company is offering the right person unique career opportunities, a competitive salary, pension and health scheme plus participation in the company`s share option scheme after a qualifying period.
Responsible for the design and development of electronic systems based on microprocessors for wireless sensor applications. To work on developing the initial system or product specifications through to initial production.
This position reports to the Head of Electronic Development.
- Sensor system design
- Developing microcontrollers firmware
- Design and development of prototype mixed signal circuits and systems
- Measurement of the performance of sensing systems
- Project time planning
- Writing technical reports, prototype specifications and other technical documentation
- Ability to analyse a system either through simulation or analytically
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
1. PhD or Masters degree in electronic engineering or good Bachelors degree in electronic engineering with some work experience
1. Good knowledge of analogue electronic circuits
1. Good knowledge of circuits with microcontrollers and DSPs
1. Embedded programming skills
1. Familiarity with PCB layout design packages
1. RF experience would be useful but not essential. Receivers and transmitters working at UHF
1. Ability to accurately describe ideas and results in a technical report
1. Ability to be a team player, work accurately under pressure with minimal supervision and maximum enthusiasm to ensure customer satisfaction with the company`s products
1. The position will include some international travel providing customer support and assisting with equipment installation
1. Provide technical support to production
Normal office and light workshop environment.
Subject to experience and qualifications circa £35,000