|Job Ref:||204579368||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||derbyshire||Address:||Post Code:||DE55||Salary:||£280 - £300/day||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:08|
Freelance Site Engineer - Civil Engineering portfolio - East Midlands Airport|
Excellent opportunity to join a national contractor with a significant amount of secured work at East Midlands Airport.
Work available until February 2016 with possible further work at East Midlands or other associated airports.
£300 a day
An experienced Civil Engineering Site Engineer is required to work on Infrastructure projects associated with the improvement and upgrade of East Midlands Airport.
As Site Engineer you will undertake a diverse and incremental role, working as part ofa team dedicated to the improvement, reconstruction and repair of associated infrastructure at East Midlands Airport. Projects vary in size and nature, a predominant scheme being the full rehabilitation of the runway in construction phase November 2016. As Site Engineer you will undertake an incremental role in terms of setting out, site documentation, quality control, as well as the drawing and transfer of designs from GPS equipment using Autocad.
* Setting out the works according to client and company standards and programme requirements.
* Monitoring the quality of the works and maintaining records.
* Assisting the Site Agent and site team in the initial site set up as well as planning and programming of site activities.
* Promote and endorse Health & safety on site.
* Assisting in budgetary control of construction activities.
* Compile data and records as well as site documentation in assistance to the Site Agent.
The following skills, experience and qualifications are required for this position:
* Formal qualification in Civil Engineering/Construction Management is preferred but time served experience could be considered.
* Good written and verbal communication skills as well as being able to produce effective Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
* Competent user of Autocad and GPS equipment for setting out.
* CSCS Card
* Knowledge of NEC form of contract.
* IT skills on Microsoft suite.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position.
If you are interested in applying for this role through ATA Recruitment please forward your CV to alternatively you can speak to Beth by phoning (Apply online only)