|Job Ref:||204579490||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Post Code:||MK9||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum Pension, Medical, Life Assurance||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:57|
One of the leading global built environment construction consultancies are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join their vibrant Milton Keynes office, just a 5-minute walk from Milton Keynes Central Station. The successful quantity surveyor will have the opportunity to work across residential, commercial, pharmaceutical, education and environmental sectors on some of the UK's most important projects. Values range from 0.5 million to 300 million. This is an excellent opportunity for a quantity surveyor looking to take the next step in their career and gain more responsibility leading a team on projects, and assisting directors on larger developments. This is a unique opportunity to develop your reputation within a globally renowned consultancy with high profile projects and clients.
The successful quantity surveyor will be working as part of a team to deliver projects across Milton Keynes, London and the South Cost. Sector exposure is varied and includes a wide range of projects from higher education new builds, to testing and laboratory facilities as well as high spec offices and luxury residential builds. You will be responsible for projects valued 0.5 million to 50 million and will assist on larger scale developments with a view to working towards running these autonomously.
Here you have the opportunity to work within a globally conscious company who not only provide excellent service and client satisfaction, but take an active role in developing their staff, to ensure a progressive future for all.
Day to Day Duties:
* Responsible for liaising with all external and internal stakeholders to enable the projects to progress without delay
* Ensuring all reasonable requests are met in a timely efficient manner.
* To assist in the preparation and verification of pricing models from first principals for projects of moderate complexity
Obtain, extract and use existing target price / fixed rates, together with obtaining cost data from industry recognised publications e.g. SPONS & BCIS to price schemes.
* Assist in the preparation of activity schedules, bills of quantities in accordance with methods of measurement
* Presentation of tender and contract documentation
* Carrying out full tender analysis and comparisons through to preparing the recommendation report
* Interfaces with the programme manager, senior project managers, project managers and P6 planners to deliver professional and competent advice and support,
* Ensure that the projects are managed in accordance with the contract, and meeting the required reporting deadlines
* Assess contractor applications, along with any changes, making recommendations and raising payment certificates
* Preparing general correspondence on behalf of the project managers to ensure that only legitimate payments are certified.
* Liaise with the project managers to review and update the risk registers
* Identify principal risks and opportunities, raises, addresses and resolves problems at a project level
* Supports the project delivery team, maintain a schedule of potential financial implications for the various projects.
* Responsible for managing and reporting change control procedures within each specific contract and ensuring that they are adhered to by all parties
* Reviews main contractors and subcontracts, and identifies where clauses are in breach of partner policies and guidelines, making recommendations to achieve compliance.
* Consider alternative strategies for dispute resolution of moderate complexity
* Prepare written arguments from a claimant or defendant perspective, making recommendations to key stakeholders on the preferred option
The successful Quantity Surveyor will have:
* 3 year post graduate experience with a degree in a relevant subject e.g. quantity surveying
* Ability to prioritise and self-manage
* Thrives in a high-pressure environment.
* Expertise in administering high value, multi-disciplinary construction project work packages / contracts utilising forms of contract such as the NEC3 suite.
* Track record in managing complex, high value and varied contracts from a quantity surveying perspective.
* Expert analytical skills to make informed, balanced business decisions
This is unique opportunity for a quantity surveyor to work for a leading built asset global consultancy, where you will be surrounded by some of the most knowledgeable professionals within the industry.
* £45,000 - £55,000 (DOE)
* Private medical care
* Life assurance
* Company pension matched to 6%
At Brandon James we currently have a wide range of opportunities for quantity surveyors at every stage in their career.
If you are a Quantity Surveyor considering your career options please contact Elisha Riddett at Brandon James.
UK / Milton Keynes/ MRICS / Commercial/ Education/ Residential/ Pharmaceutical/ QS