|Job Ref:||204581196||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Plymouth||Address:||Post Code:||PL3||Salary:||£0 - £24500/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:59|
Are you an experienced Carpenter and Joiner? Looking for an exciting opportunity to move into the educational sector, and work with one of the Leading Training Providers in Plymouth?|
Alderwood are currently working with a leading Training Provider looking to recruit for their growing team.
Looking to take experienced Carpenters and Joiners, to put through teaching/assessing qualifications to deliver across their carpentry courses.
The assessment of Carpentry and Joinery up to level 3.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Planning for programme delivery and producing schemes of work and lesson plans.
* Delivering underpinning knowledge and practical skill sessions to learners in workshops and specialist training environments using a variety of methods and resources.
* Evaluating the effectiveness of teaching and learning activities to develop and improve the learner experience.
* Negotiating, agreeing and carrying out assessments using different assessment methods and evidence types with groups and individuals.
* Providing feedback to learners that is timely, constructive and supports the learner's development.
* Identifying and dealing with any barriers to fair assessment and supporting those with special assessment requirements.
* Reviewing and updating learners' individual learning plans, recording progress in line with agreed targets.
* Completing and maintaining safe, secure and accurate records using e-based systems.
* Implementing internal and external quality assurance action plans, including the standardisation of practise with other assessors.
* Working with the Quality Department to support your continuous professional development and meeting of targets, as set out in your personal development plan.
* Industry specific and up-to-date commercial experience and a creative flair is required that demonstrate significant expertise in the industry, and evidence of continued professional development.
* Good communication skills with the ability to interact with staff at all levels, employer representatives and apprentices.
* A willingness to take responsibility and make objective decisions.
* The ability to work independently, be highly organised with good time management and administrative skills.
* Computer literate, in particular Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
* Flexibility and the ability to work for the occasional evening and/or weekend.
* A clean full driving licence and access to a vehicle are essential.
Salary and Benefits:
* Up to £24,500
* 22 days annual leave, rising to 25 after 1 year, plus Bank Holidays
* Business mileage is 45pence for the first 40 miles and 25 pence thereafter (pool cars also available
For more information please email or call (Apply online only)
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK