|Job Ref:||204582092||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Gloucestershire||City:||Cirencester||Address:||Post Code:||GL7||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 13:58|
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Contracts Manager on behalf of a leading national Design and Build Contractor based in Gloucester.
The Mechanical Contracts Manager will be responsible for multiple commercial Mechanical engineering installation projects throughout the South West.
• Procurement of relevant plant and materials and sub-contractor packages
• Managing and forecasting spend using Excel type spreadsheets to ensure that the work is kept to budget.
• Analysis of labour resource requirements for the project and placement and control of labour and associated costs.
• Regular site visits monitoring works progress and ensuring the quality of work is to the required standard.
• Managing projects and delivering against contracted targets.
• Preparation of monthly applications for payment and costing of variations.
• Ensuring that Risk Assessments and Method Statements are prepared and monitored.
• Preparation of work in progress reports for submission to the Directors.
• Liaising closely with other professionals, including clients, structural engineers, builders, architects and surveyors, and in-house project teams.
• Attending a range of project group and technical meetings.
• Working on a variety of projects within a short period of time.
• Assisting in preparing tender submissions.
• Collating certification and preparation of O&M manuals
• Evaluating customer needs and responding to them.
Skills & Attributes
• Previous experience working as a Mechanical Contracts Manager ideally with a Design and Build Contractor.
• Ideally hold a relevant qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
• Sound knowledge of Mechanical Services Project Management and a good understanding of the technical, commercial and contractual processes involved.
• Good understanding of HVAC systems
• A team player with a high level of self-motivation and organisational ability.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Analytical and methodical in approach to problem solving.
• CAD experience. (not essential)
• People management and staff supervision skills.
• Competent in the use of computers and data handling including Microsoft Office systems