|Job Ref:||204582047||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||27/09/2016 02:56|
About the role
Capita Group is a FTSE top 50 business services group and the UK's largest BPO, providing a range of services to both the Public and Private sectors.
We are looking to appoint a Commercial Director to join our business in a high profile commercially focused position, offering a big challenge within a complex fast moving business environment.
Working within a large Division of Capita, your role will be responsible for multiple business units, supporting the Managing Director and with a functional reporting line to the Divisional Commercial Director to ensure the commercial aims are maximized, and legal and regulatory obligations are discharged through robust client and supplier contracts, effective management of its disputes and supporting business acquisitions.
About Capita | Local Government, Health & Property
Capita Local Government Health & Property is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management, infrastructure, real estate, civil engineering, environmental management and transport sectors. We are also the market leader in strategic public-private partnerships with local government clients.
We have over 4,000 staff based in 60 UK & Ireland offices offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of size, complexity or sector.
What you will do:
* Ensure client and supplier contracts are well negotiated, compliant with Group policy, robust and apportion risk appropriately, and are understood by and support the business unit's aims.
* Ensure legal and commercial matters are appropriately considered and represented in bid and contract processes and governance, and other business initiatives.
* Create innovative solutions to legal and commercial issues in bids and contracts.
* Ensure client, supplier and other disputes are managed effectively, and are understood by and support the business unit's aims.
* Support any acquisition undertaken by the division, including due diligence and ensuring legal and commercial needs are adequately taken into account.
* Instruct, manage and support Group and external advisors on matters that require external advice (e.g. high value or complex deals, acquisitions or disputes).
* Build effective working relationships within the business and with client representatives to support commercial decision-making and client negotiation.
* Support the Divisional Commercial Director and act as the senior commercial advisor to the business.
* Deliver and commission commercial training to senior managers across the business
Your experience will include:
* Significant experience and in depth knowledge of complex commercial contract negotiation and law.
* Experience within the Construction and Property Management sectors
* Significant experience of resolving complex customer and supplier disputes.
* Experience of business acquisitions and corporate law.
* Demonstrable ability to communicate complex concepts verbally and in writing to both non-lawyers and lawyers across all levels and functions.
* Regularly reacts quickly and thoroughly to unexpected tasks, managing expectations for existing work.
* Commercial Qualification - FRICS Quantity Surveyor - minimum 15 years PQE
* Comprehensive knowledge of contracts and appointments in common usage in the Construction and Property Management sectors.
* Assertive and resilient in commercial negotiations.
* Skilled and experienced in all forms of dispute resolution.
* Leadership, communication and the ability to be an effective tutor.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us