|Job Ref:||204581771||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Exeter||Address:||Post Code:||EX2||Salary:||£38000 - £50000/annum package||Post Date:||27/09/2016 02:56|
A housing developer based out of Exeter are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team. My client are a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. They are passionate about the house building industry and about their customers. They pride themselves in having a diverse work force with an opportunity to grow a career in a variety of environments. |
Working closely with the Commercial Manager the successful candidate will assist in the commercial function and reporting for projects within the region including sub-contract procurement, payments, valuations, benchmarking, WIP control and cash flow projection.
The Quantity Surveyor will also be responsible for monitoring build costs, reporting any savings and excesses as well as assist in the programming, monitoring and evaluation of Contractors.
* Negotiate and place subcontract orders on a competitive tender basis
* Calculate the prime costs and compile budgets for developments, reporting any movements in the costs since the preparation of the land purchase exercise. Prime costs to include but not restricted to dwelling structures, siteworks, infrastructure and fees.
* Assist in monthly WIP and cashflow forecasting
* Responsible for processing all Contractor, subcontractor and consultant orders and payments, variation orders and day works.
* Be aware of all codes of practice and industry standards e.g. Building Regulations, NHBC requirements, HSE etc.
* Monitor, reconcile and recharge any costs, which relate to shared cost items with either other businesses within the Group or external Companies.
If you are interested in this role, please call me on (Apply online only) or email or click "apply now"
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy