|Job Ref:||204580439||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£45000 - £65000/annum Plus Excellent Package & Benefits||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:49|
Project QS required for a Prestigious Research Development in Central London. Project value £25 million and approximately 2 year's worth of work. Excellent opportunity to add an illustrious project to your CV.
About This Role
Job title: Quantity Surveyor (QS) for National M&E Building Services contractor
Duties & Responsibilities: As the M&E Quantity Surveyor (QS) your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• The Quantity Surveyor should have an in-depth understanding of the commercial and contractual Requirements of each M&E building services project and ensure the company fulfils its obligations under the contract - ensuring any required notices are submitted on time.
• All quantity surveying (QS) duties, including: measurement, valuation and agreement of relevant work sections.
• Negotiating revised terms and conditions with clients, contractors, partnering Quantity Surveyors and suppliers.
• Overall responsibility for M&E quantity surveying and commercial management of project finance performance, including: preparing or assisting with final accounts, loss and expense submissions, monthly management accounts, settlement of subcontractor accounts and procurement.
• Providing sound quantity surveying advice on commercial risk within the Mechanical & Electrical projects.
• Administer sub-contract and supplier orders/contracts and ensure the companies' compliance with the terms and conditions, including: valuations, payment certificates, applicable notices etc.
Qualifications & Skills required:
• Ideally qualified with either a Mechanical / Electrical qualification or Cost Management / Quantity Surveying.
• Previous working experience within an M&E Contractor or Quantity Surveying practice.
• Eligible to live and work in the UK.
About This Client
Client: A leading player in their field, this company is a provider of Specialist Quantity Surveying, M&E Design, Project Management, Cost Modelling, FM, Building Surveying and Legal Support Services for all sectors of the construction industry, specialising in Mechanical & Electrical Building Services
Typical Roles and disciplines: Mechanical & Electrical Quantity Surveyors, Project Managers, M&E Design, Estimators
Sectors: Retail, Industrial, Healthcare to Commercial, Infrastructure, Sport and Leisure, Commercial and Residential
M&E Services: BIM, Bills of Quantities/Estimates/Cost Plans, budget & cost analysis
Years of establishment: 24 years
Alongside a generous basic salary you will be rewarded with the following:
25 days holidays
Car or car allowance
Support for work-life balance
Private Health Care
Long-term sickness insurance
Support & funding of career development and further education