|Job Ref:||204580087||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Caldicot||Address:||Post Code:||NP26||Salary:||£17000 - £23000/annum||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:50|
Job title: NOC Shift Engineer|
Reports to: NOC Manager
Department: Network Operation Centre (NOC)
Hours of work: 4 Shifts on: 2 days (08:00 - 18:00); 2 nights (18:00 - 08:00) 4 shifts off
Purpose of the job:
I am currently working with a large telecommunication company based in South Wales who is looking for a Shift NOC Engineer.
My client is looking for someone eager to lean and will provide full training. They offer a range of services from basic network surveillance and security to premium services including FLM engineering dispatch services and more complex technical support. The NOC is focused on providing high quality network management supporting such vendors as Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, Samsung, Huawei, Ciena, Interoute, and Infinera.
To provide remote technical support to customers by proactively or reactively monitoring equipment.
* To perform basic event recognition and logging. Events will consist of alarms and alerts or direct interaction with the customer.
* Fault handling & Service Desk (identifying and responding to faults on the NOC systems and networks, liaising with 3rd party suppliers, handling faults through to resolution).
* To interpret and troubleshoot faults, and escalate appropriately to ensure swift resolution of faults and restoration of services on customer's networks.
* To assign resource to First Line Maintenance field support as required to ensure all SLA's are maintained.
* To provide first class Network Operations Centre support for clients to the current customer base. Maintenance support is provided 24/7, 365 days a year therefore a flexible approach to the role, with the ability to adapt and react to business needs is essential. Respond to all transactions in a timely manner, ensuring as reasonably possible that all SLA's are met.
Main Responsibilities & Tasks:
* Fault handling: Identifying and responding to faults on the NOC systems and networks, liaising with 3rd party suppliers, handling faults through to resolution; adhering to SLA (Service Level Agreements) measurements as per customer contracts.
* Receive technical support calls from customers, log on the appropriate ticketing system, pass to the relevant technical support engineer and/or escalate appropriately, either internally or externally.
Qualification & Experience:
* Proven track record of excellent customer service skills
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Previous helpdesk experience
* Holds Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT) certification