|Job Ref:||204580498||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£400 - £500/day||Post Date:||27/09/2016 04:00|
Oracle Developer - London - 3 month contract|
Huntressgroup are currently recruiting for an Oracle Developer to join a heavyweight Insurance organisation in a very commutable location in central London, on an initial 3 month contract.
* Transforming complicated source system data to target data models
* Developing solutions that are modular, fully documented and can be handed over to others for run / further enhancement with little explanation
* Design and write highly optimised and complex queries according to project requirements
* Work closely with Modelling teams and Product Owners to understand and deliver requirements
* Implement Database Development best practices and standards
* Lead more junior members of the team and ensure adherence to architectural standards and best practices
* Pro-actively collaborate with relevant people to understand requirements, identify issues, and help with estimation and planning
* Perform code reviews
Skills and Experience
* Several years of experience in hands-on database development roles
* Strong agile (scrum) experience and working collaboratively as part of a scrum team
* Good knowledge of data modelling and data warehousing concepts
* Ability to work closely with product owner helping to define and understand requirements and feasibility
* Ability and willingness to work in a fast paced, unstructured environment on projects with high levels of uncertainty / ambiguity around requirements and minimal governance and control
* Experience working with very large datasets and data modelling techniques and tools
* Experience in performance tuning complex queries, and database optimisation
* Able to lead/contribute to design/architecture activities and prepare code stubs for others
* Experience managing database releases in multiple environments
* Writing tidy, clear, and well commented code
* Good communication skills
* Able to work in a fast-paced environment and produce results quickly
* Experience working with an analytics function developing complex predictive models will also be beneficial.
* Having experience working with Netezza Database would be highly beneficial.
If you are interested in and have all the required skills, then apply to the position and I will be in touch with you shortly.
Huntress Group does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Group acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK