|Job Ref:||204580495||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Solihull||Address:||Post Code:||B91||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:50|
Convergence Group has an exciting opportunity for a D&I Engineer (Security) to join the team based in Solihull. You will be on a full time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary.|
The role of D&I Engineer (Security) is pivotal in implementing & delivering WAN/LAN solutions and security services for our customer base and works as part of the Network team. The focus is predominately on the design and implementation of Security solutions. Candidates will need to have knowledge/hands on experience of LAN, WAN and WLAN technologies.
Accountabilities as our D&I Engineer (Security):
- Provide design, consultancy and implementation for security services to our LAN / WAN customers as part of the D&I team within Convergence Group
- Be the subject matter expert within the D&I team for Security services and solutions
- Design, plan, stage and implement Security solutions using vendor technologies including: Cisco, Fortinet, Checkpoint, Palo Alto and Huawei
- Responsible for creating Low Level Designs (LLDs), SID (Service Initiation Document) and implementation /testing plans for Security/WLAN/LAN/WAN solutions
- Carry out pre and post installation Security/WLAN LAN/WAN surveys and audits
- Perform Out of Hours (OOH) consultancy/engineering implementation work as and when required
- Be willing and able to travel to customer locations within the UK as and when required, sometimes at short notice with overnight stay
- Implement customer solutions based on best practice experience & technical knowledge
- Assist the Pre-Sales team where the Pre-Sales engagement requires detailed technical responses for Security/WLAN/LAN/WAN solutions
- Carry out complex moves, adds and changes and collaborate with other support team members to fix network outages, misconfigurations, and complex networking issues on customers' devices
- Provide technical support to help diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve escalated issues relating to switching, routing, security, Wireless and other various network-related issues for newly delivered services
- Maintain professional working relationships with customers, vendors, suppliers and work colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills - presentation, written and verbal.
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of customer's environment and challenges to enhance the trusted advisor status.
- Ensure that the skills required to perform the role are kept up to date and are relevant.
- Mentor, develop and deliver training for colleagues and other technical teams in your subject matter
Our ideal D&I Engineer (Security)
- Experience of designing, staging, implementing, integrating and testing of NGN stateful Firewalls (Cisco, Fortinet, Checkpoint, Palo Alto)
- Experience of designing, staging, implementing, integrating and testing Network IPS/IDS (Cisco, Sourcefire)
- Good working knowledge of security protocols including: VPNs, IPSEC, AAA, SSL, TLS, SSH etc.
- Knowledge of Layer 2 / Layer 3 network protocols such as: Spanning Tree, QinQ, OSPF, BGP, IGRP, EIGRP, ISIS, HRSP and VRRP
- Hands on experience of LAN / WAN technologies including: Cisco, HPE, Extreme / Enterasys and Huawei desirable
- Knowledge / experience of WLAN technologies (Cisco, Aruba, Aerohive or Meraki) would be beneficial
- Experience of design, delivery & consultancy across these technologies is essential
- Experience of working in a customer facing capacity for end user customers or within a Partner model is essential
- Experience using Security Information Event Management (SIEM) and Vulnerability tools desirable.
- Knowledge of network tools such as Solarwinds desirable
- Previous experience of managing internal projects, creating statement of works (SOW) would be beneficial
- Previous experience of SIP, VOIP and voice technologies would be beneficial
- Previous experience of working with Telecoms providers such as BT, Colt, Virgin-Media, Vodafone etc. would be beneficial
- Previous experience of CRM Systems including: Salesforce, Remedy would be beneficial
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo Baseline Personnel Security Vetting Standard (BPSS) and may be required to undergo Security Clearance (SC)
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our D&I Engineer (Security) then please click 'apply' now! We'd love to hear from you