|Job Ref:||204580422||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Fareham||Address:||Post Code:||PO14||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:50|
Back End Software Developer |
(Java or PHP or NA)
A leading organisation who operate a number of commercial high volume, high traffic websites are looking for a Software Developer (Java, PHP, NA) with experience of good development practices, to join their collaborative team.
The Software Developer (Java, PHP, NA) will be required to work on the back end development of commercial websites and applications. The Software Developer will be required to work closely with other developers, in the UK and abroad.
The Software Developer will be required to work heavily in NA with development in Java and PHP also required.
The organisation work across a range of commercial websites and operate within a DevOps environment and utilise up to date technology / methodology where applicable.
The Software Developer will be required to have the following skills, experience and attributes:
* Solid backend development experience in Java, Scala or PHP.
* Commercial exposure of NA (Advantageous).
* HTML / CSS 3 development experience.
* Exposure to or understanding of Java Development.
* Demonstrable experience with OOP and Design Patterns.
* Agile development experience.
* Willingness to learn new ideas and technology.
* BSC Computer Science or other relevant degree.
* Git / Version control.
* Experience with Solr and Elasticsearch (Advantageous).
* Understanding of responsive web UI design and development for mobile devices.
* Application configuration in a LAMP stack.
* Experience with MySQL or relational databases.
The successful Software Developer will undertake the following responsibilities:
* Work closely with the rest of the team in the design and development of new products and features.
* Have significant contributions into the development and maintenance of several high-traffic, high availability web sites.
* Work through project management tools to achieve effective communication.
* Documentation of relevant systems, procedures and processes.
To apply for this position please forward your cv