|Job Ref:||204579923||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Belfast||Address:||Post Code:||BT7||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:50|
Senior Data Engineer (Big Data) |
With advanced plans for opening a new office in Belfast our client are now looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to lead a new team of Data Engineers as one of their first key hires here. Experts in the world of Big Data they create enterprise level data which allows their customers to make smart decisions to lower cost, increase revenue and grow their individual businesses. With an extensive repository of intelligent hardware and software information our client is able to provide the highest quality enterprise IT data available to and trusted within the industry.
As one of their first senior level hires you will bring your expert knowledge from the world of Big Data and combine this with the IoT, Cloud and Xaas experience within the company which makes the information so valuable to their customers. Your duties will include the following:
* Design, development and maintenance of their data platform
* Create the technical roadmap for the date tier
* Implement this in line with their product strategy
* Mentor a team of Data Engineers
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the following criteria:
* Minimum 10 years data tier development and implementation experience
* 2 years' experience with Big Data tools, technologies and concepts
* Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
* 2 years product development and data services experience for cloud environments
* Knowledge of Java or another OOP language
As a new company coming to Belfast this role offers a highly attractive salary and benefits package. It is a great opportunity to join a privately owned company who are experiencing very strong growth and who will make a significant impression in the local IT sector most notably in the world of Big Data.
To hear more on this opportunity send your CV via the link below or call the Ciaran Boyle on (Apply online only). Please note that WPR is acting as an Agency on behalf of our Client