|Job Ref:||204459791||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Newbury||Address:||Post Code:||BA11||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:53|
Technical Support Analyst Up to £35,000 Newbury, Berks|
Xperian Recruitment are looking for a Technical Support Analyst to work for our client who are a leader in the ERP, trading and financial software environment.
This Technical Support Analyst role is predominately a 1st/2nd line support role from a technical perspective. You will be working for the Commercial Software Support Department reporting to the Front Line Support Manager. You will be assisting customers with problems and queries relating to the application software once it has been implemented in customers businesses.
As this is a technical support role, understanding of structured programming languages is essential and for the right Technical Support Analyst this could be an ideal platform to further your career.
The main duties and responsibilities for the Technical Support Analyst will be:
• Taking ownership of a wide variety of calls to the help desk from
• Using the call logging system to accurately record calls, ensuring they
are updated on a regular basis
• Ensuring calls are dealt with promptly and efficiently in line with service
level agreements (SLAs)
• Effectively managing, prioritising and progressing calls
• Accurately investigating and identifying causes and the symptoms of
• Implementing solutions
• Escalating calls when appropriate
• Keeping the customer informed of the progress of their call
• Constantly updating own personal knowledge relating to the systems
• Pro-actively sharing knowledge on the intranet
Our client is a leading software services company providing advanced software solutions to the distributive trades, Distributors, Merchants, Wholesaler and Retailers.
The company has 40 years of experience, working with its Tier 1 customers in many sectors and has built up a unique depth of knowledge and expertise with a reputation for class-leading products.
The Company looks for individuals who value being part of a winning team and enjoy working in an energetic and dynamic environment that rewards dedication and hard work. The company strives to offer security for both staff and customers and provides excellent products and quality services to its focused market areas.
Employment at the Company is based solely on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. With thorough on-going training and career management, the Company offers opportunities for individual growth and development.
Key skills, knowledge and experience required for the Technical Support Analyst role:
• A computer science degree or similar
• Good knowledge of a structured programming language e.g Visual Basic
(VB) or C+
• A good understanding of relational databases
• Extensive experience in a similar customer focused IT 1st / 2nd line
support role supporting TECHNICAL SOFTWARE rather than hardware/
desktop/ mobile communications
• Pro-active, positive person
• Organised and efficient - Able to work in a logical and systematic way
• Calm under pressure - Able to priorities own work load
• Being an effective and adaptable member of the team -Able to help
junior team members
PLEASE NOTE this position works an alternating weekly shift pattern 8am - 4.30pm & 9.30 - 6pm there also may be a requirement for out of hours cover, but this is done on a remote basis and is only occasional.
Salary £30,000 - £35,000
+ Excellent benefits package
Technical Support Analyst Up to £35,000 Newbury, Berks
2nd line support, help desk, technical, support, analyst, IT, ERP, Software, database, UML, VB, Visual Basic, C+, programming language, 1st line support, SAP, ERP, SAGE, ADP, Dynamics, , Technical Support Analyst, help-desk, Newbury, Berkshire