|Job Ref:||204582313||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wellingborough||Address:||Post Code:||NN8||Salary:||£35000 - £39000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:57|
Process Improvement Engineer |
Salary: Circa £35k plus £4k Bonus
A local manufacturing company are now looking for a Process Improvement Engineer to join their team.
Process Improvement Engineer - Main Responsibilities Manufacturing:
- Development / leadership and deployment of Kaizen / Continuous Improvement / 5S / TPM / VSM activities across all operational areas.
- Champion training within Operational departments driving functional competency assessments, gap analysis and mitigating actions to sustain / grow the required knowledge and increase operator flexibility.
- Design and implementation of new Manufacturing cells in line with Lean Manufacturing best practice.
- Development of action plans to achieve short and long-range efficiency goals, selection of new production methods, designs of production fixtures, and methods to monitor efficiencies
- Compilation and analysis of operational, test, and experimental data necessary for the application of lean manufacturing principles in the design and integration of business systems.
- Research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly / welding / testing methods and general production equipment.
- Networking with counterparts in other facilities (and external agencies) to leverage and share best practices in Continuous Improvement. (involving travel abroad)
- Within Production Engineering team represent manufacturing to assist new / revised product introductions including product conformance to DFM criteria, operator and system goals, training and implementation evaluation (PRISM "S" gate deliverables (internal procedure)).
- Development of production routing / data cards and standard operating procedures.
Process Improvement Engineer - Main Responsibilities Quality
- Lead development of process analysis (e.g SPC) to achieve quality / efficiency improvements in line with business expectations.
- Lead cost reduction projects, value analysis and economic programs in order to reduce labour and burden costs.
- In co-operation with Quality engineers evaluate customer returns for root cause and corrective actions, utilising formal problem solving tools such as 8D analysis, PFMEA`s, Six Sigma, Control plans, etc and tie this analysis back to operational standard work and product documentation.
- Carrying out In-process audits to identify potential areas of nonconformity and develop sustainable resolutions.
Process Improvement Engineer - Person Requirements:
The ideal candidate must come from the Manufacturing Industry as a Process Improvement Engineer and have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Hold an Engineering Qualification such as HNC, HND or BEng.
- Ideally hold a LEAN Qualification or Six Sigma Certificate
- Experience of change management and improving the lean culture of a business
- Experience of training in LEAN and Continuous Improvement
- Have a hands of approach to LEAN
For more information please call Paul Gorton on (Apply online only).
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update