|Job Ref:||204579710||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Horwich||Address:||Post Code:||BL6||Salary:||£9.50/hour||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:56|
We are currently recruiting for an experienced laser operator and a trainee to start in a well-established trailer manufaturer in Horwich. This is a temp-perm role with a real opportunity to gain a permanent posistion. The pay rate could be increased further when trained on Press Brake. |
Hours of Work:
Days: 6.30am - 3.30pm Mon-Thurs and 6.30am-11.30am Fri;
Nights: 8.30pm - 7am Mon-Wed, 8.30pm-6am Thurs - Nights are paid at £12.67 p/h
* Setting and operating of laser to run jobs in line with production requirements.
* Setting and operating of laser to run samples and pre-production in line with R&D requirements.
* Loading and unloading of materials for laser, using safe manual handling technique.
* Ensure inspection is carried out in line with QA requirements.
* To carry out routine maintenance and cleaning of laser.
* Ensure that laser is operated safely by oneself or other personnel assisting.
* Liaison with R&D personnel re: necessary amendments to programs.
* Operating press brake machines as and when the need arises.
* Assisting in other departments as and when the need arises.
* Liaison with press brake and other personnel to ensure satisfactory 'workflow' and minimum 'downtime'.
* To advise re tooling requirements.
* To train other operatives as and when required.
* To perform regular stock checks of sheet material.
* To work within H&S policy/safe system of work.
* To perform any other duties as reasonable requested.
The initial pay rate of the trainee position will be £7.75 and will increase once training is completed.
To apply for this position, please forward your CV to or call Martin on (Apply online only)