|Job Ref:||204579688||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||IP1 2BX||Address:||Salary:||£22000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:56|
Role - Health and Safety Quality Coordinator role|
Location - Based close to Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Working hours - Monday to Friday from 9.00 am - 5.30 pm
Pay Rate - Depending on experience - £22,000 - £30,000 per annum
Capacity of role - Permanent position
Our well established and reputable client is currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Quality Coordinator to join their busy Manufacturing team.
Applicants ideally will have working experience within a Manufacturing environment. As part of this role you will be responsible for 2 sites however the role is predominantly office based.
You will be expected to offer expert knowledge and assistance to the existing health and safety advisor. You will help to plan, implement, monitor and review protectives and preventative measures that are required to minimise operational losses, accidents and injuries.
Main duties within this position will include -
• Assist the Health and Safety Advisor with managing a comprehensive H&S advisory service.
• Assist the Health and Safety Advisor with the management of the site safety committee and ensure that a safe working environment is in place throughout the Company.
• Develop procedures that will enable the company to become ISO 14001 registered and take ownership of the company environment systems.
• Keep up to date with health & safety law & legislation.
• Have the ability to communicate with the HSE and other local authorization in a professional responsible manner.
• Provide pragmatic and realistic general SHE advice, guidance, coaching and training to the workshops Managers, staff and contractors.
• Carryout regular workshop inspections to check that safety procedures are being properly implemented and recommend any improvement of safety standards.
• Produce workshop inspection reports, Management reports, newsletters & bulletins.
• Develop and implement documented procedures safe systems of work and risk assessments for all parts of the business as required.
• Investigate & report all H&S issues including incidents, accidents, training & maintenance in collaboration with the health and safety Advisor for the manufacturing side of the business.
• To be available & approachable to all employees at all times and deal with any queries in a confidential manner, this will involve being both patient & assertive.
• Identify and implement training for the manufacturing side of the business.
• Ensure that all equipment is installed correctly/safely within the workshops.
• Weekly reviews with the health & safety advisor to update and identify issues of safety.
• Carry out any other duties within the scope of the position as may be required by the Health and Safety Advisor in the interest of the company.
Candidate attributes -
• Conversant with ISO procedures
• Good interest in health and safety & Willing to follow procedures
• Able to train staff at all levels
• Able to priorities & willing to work under pressure
• Calm in stressful situations & have good negotiating skills, tact and diplomacy
• Be persuasive and assertive, to overcome any reluctance by others regarding H&S issues
• Time management skills
• Have good communication and presentation skills
• Have a thorough understanding of relevant legislation
• Have a good level of physical fitness and stamina
• Have a logical and enquiring mind and a methodical approach to work
• Have good written communication skills for report-writing and be computer literate.
Necessary qualifications -
NEBOSH General Certificate
1 day CDM regulations training
CSCS Qualification preferably management
Good Knowledge of Word, Excel & Power Point
Good Knowledge of PQQ
ISO 14001 system (Environment)
Desirable qualifications -
NEBOSH Construction Certificate
Certificate Environmental Management
CDM co-ordinator or equivalent
Temporary works co-ordinator
Black CSCS qualification
Occupational Health Training
Crane lifting operations (AP) or Co-ordinator
Health and Safety, Quality Coordinator, ISO14001, NEBOSH, SMSTS, CDM regulations system training, CSCS, PQQ, Health and Safety laws and legislation,
NEBOSH General Certificate, SMSTS, 1 day CDM regulations training, CSCS Qualification preferably management, Good Knowledge of Word, Excel & Power Point, Report writing, Good Knowledge of PQQ, ISO 14001 system (Environment)
Health and Safety, Quality Coordinator, ISO14001, NEBOSH, SMSTS, CDM regulations system training, CSCS, PQQ, Health and Safety laws and legislation