|Job Ref:||204579534||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||German||Address:||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:56|
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Project Planner/Scheduler for a leading EPC firm in the Petrochemical Sector. The Senior Project Manager is a key position in the company and this role has the possibility to develop into a Lead Scheduler position for the longterm. The Senior Planner ensures monitoring and forecasting of the total project cost, covering E/EPC contracts as one major project or as various smaller projects.
Location: Koln, Germany
* The successful candidate's responsibilities will cover the preparation, on time delivery and
quality, of the:
- overall project planning
- starter planning
- detailed planning
- monthly project planning report (includes the physical progress report)
* The Senior planner prepares the project planning & schedule control and reporting procedures as instructed by the Discipline supervisor Project Planning (these procedures are a part of the detailed Project control plan).
* Consults, as a Project Planning & Scheduling engineer, his supervisor on:
general matters of staffing; quality of work; performance of his team members;
project planning & schedule control procedures and working methods.
* Ensures to understand the responsibilities and authorities of the key-members of a project team as laid down in the project organization
* Controls the budgets for manhours and computer costs as issued for the project
planning & scheduling control and reporting activities.
* Provides planning & scheduling technical guidance and training to Project
employees on planning & scheduling documents/procedures for the project
(including physical progress measurement system).
* Interfaces with and obtains detailed input from project employees for the
development of the project planning and detailed document schedules
Ensures that all extra manhours for planning & scheduling activities are
recorded to keep the accumulative impact on costs under control; reports these
changes to the Project manager/Discipline supervisor Project Planning.
* Monitors the progress of the project activities. This includes validating the
progress of engineering documents as reported by the Project administrator
prior to any distribution of the document status reports.
* Monitors schedule deviations and, with the appropriate project key team
members, develops and recommends corrective action or revised methods to
the Project manager. It includes the assessment of the impact on the
milestones of work activities becoming near-critical or critical. Follows up these
* Attends in-house schedule control review meetings with the Project
manager/engineer and presents/answers questions related to project cost.
- Attends project progress with the Client and presents/answers question related
to project schedules.
* Attends as a Project Planning engineer construction progress review
meetings in the field on request of the Project manager.
* Advises the Project manager and Discipline supervisor Project Planning of any
event or decision having a significant impact on cost.
- Is accountable for keeping the complete planning & scheduling up-to-date and for the transfer of correct project schedule data to/from other
* Is on the alert for schedule consequences of quality assurance requirements,
changes in the scope of work and changes in project execution.
* Keeps abreast of the integration of software for planning & scheduling with
software of other systems for project execution (e.g. cost control, procurement
and project accounting).
* Assists in the development and implementation of improved planning &
scheduling techniques and methods.
* Assists in developing and recording historical cost information for future
* Reports hazards, accidents, property damage and substandard actions and
conditions. Participate in accident investigations
* University level thinking
* Fluent in German and English
* 7-10+ Years of experience in engineering & contracting, or in a similar industry, for
* various types of contracts and Clients: including 5+ years as a Project Planning
* engineer preferably some experience with construction planning for new and
* revamp projects
* Sound knowledge of project planning & scheduling techniques, methods and
* application of schedule control tools
For applicants, please use the apply button on the job board
OR email to:
Amoria Bond operates as an employment agency and employment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age or experience, and we confirm that we are happy to accept applications from persons of any age or experience for this positions