|Job Ref:||204579285||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Solihull||Address:||Post Code:||B91||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:01|
Senior E&P Lineside Electrical Engineer/ Design Manager|
Arup is a firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services globally.
We are different to most other consultants. As we are employee-owned, we are not bound by shareholder or other external pressures, which allows us to be selective about the work we pursue, seeking out projects that will push, develop and engage our staff, and shape a better world.
We are a key player in the Rail market and are currently engaged in significant projects across the UK and overseas. As part of a network of 14 UK offices and a Rail Business involved in projects such as HS1, HS2, Crossrail, Kings Cross Station and Ipswich Chord, our current projects include a feasibility study for Clapham Junction - one of the busiest transport hubs in Europe, Leicester Station Capacity improvements for Carillion, Water Orton corridor AiP designs for Network Rail's HS2 Enabling Works, the London to West Midlands Hybrid Bill for HS2, Metropolitan Line Extension detailed design for LUL and Vinci, Rail Engineering Technical Adviser roles on High Speed and Freight Lines worldwide, Calder Valley GRIP 5 Signalling and the Ferriby to Gilberdyke Resignalling project.
As a Senior E&P Lineside Electrical Engineer with Arup, you will be part of a team responsible for the successful delivery of our design commissions for major clients including Network Rail, contractors (in a design and build context) and other agencies such as Train Operators, Councils, Passenger Transport Executives and academic institutions.
Day to day the role of a Senior E&P Lineside Senior Electrical Engineer will involve:
* Determining the lineside electrical design requirements from our client brief, making sound decisions and proposing the right design solution
* Producing the required lineside electrical design to multidisciplinary design teams on large or medium sized projects
* Checking the lineside electrical designs and calculations within enhancement and renewal projects
* Sharing knowledge, best practice and innovation across our business, providing guidance, training and feedback with other related disciplines and skills, locally and across the UK
* Mentoring junior employees as part of a strong development culture across our business.
You will be experienced in leading and the production and self-checking of lineside electrical feasibility, scheme and detailed design reports, layouts, schematics and calculations (including points heating, 650V signalling power, domestic power supplies, earthing and bonding) within multidisciplinary rail projects.
Additional we are looking for:
* An appropriate HND, university degree or equivalent qualifications
* Chartered or Incorporated member of the IET or similar
* Competent in the role of Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) or equivalent
* Experience in leading the undertaking of site surveys / site visits and reporting on asset condition
* Competent in the use of calculation software (e.g. Amtech and ETAP).
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
* Experience of construction methods and installation.
* Leading the preparation of competitive tender submission / bids.
* Knowledge of HV (e.g. 6.6kV and 11kV) and other railway systems.
* Knowledge and experience in the lighting of railway infrastructure e.g. depots, level crossings, station platforms etc.
* Competent in the production of drawings using CAD (e.g. Bentley MicroStation) software.
What we're looking for in you:
You will be passionate & commercially aware with a sound technical knowledge enabling you to be an integral part of our Rail team. You will have great communication skills and be able to demonstrate highly effective networking skills.
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary at all levels and one of the best benefits package in our sector. Core benefits include Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Accident Assurance and Income Protection cover. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefit Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice benefits to help you with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share Scheme where employees could receive two Profit Share payments per year.
Arup is a place where creativity, innovation and exciting technical challenges are always possible; we are part of a team that enjoys what they do, embracing a unique culture. As a global firm we can develop careers in the UK or abroad through international assignments, and our commitment to training and development is fundamental to ensure we continue to develop our staff and look to the future requirements of our clients.
If you share our passion, why not talk to us about a rewarding career with Arup