|Job Ref:||204579233||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Solihull||Address:||Post Code:||B91||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:56|
Associate/Project Manager,West Midlands|
Why Arup?Arup is a firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services NA are different to most other consultants. As we are employee-owned, we are not bound by shareholder or other external pressures, which allows us to be selective about the work we pursue, seeking out projects that will push, develop and engage our staff, and shape a better world.
Arup, Rail:We are a key player in the Rail market and are currently engaged in significant projects across the UK and overseas. As part of a network of 14 UK offices and a Rail Business involved in projects such as HS1, HS2, Crossrail, Kings Cross Station and Ipswich Chord, our current projects include a feasibility study for Clapham Junction - one of the busiest transport hubs in Europe, Leicester Station Capacity improvements for Carillion, Water Orton corridor AiP designs for Network Rail's HS2 Enabling Works, the London to West Midlands Hybrid Bill for HS2, Metropolitan Line Extension detailed design for LUL and Vinci, Rail Engineering Technical Adviser roles on High Speed and Freight Lines worldwide, Calder Valley GRIP 5 Signalling and the Ferriby to Gilberdyke Resignalling project.
The Role:We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Railway Project and Design Manager to join our lively Rail team in NA a Railway Project and Design Manager with Arup, You will be part of a team responsible for managing the successful delivery of our design commissions for major clients including Network Rail, contractors (in a design and build context) and other agencies such as Train Operators, Councils, Passenger Transport Executives and academic NA will need to be comfortable in managing and securing both new and repeat railway design commissions for our major clients including Network Rail.
Day to day the role of a Railway Project and Design Manager will include:
* Managing multi-disciplinary project teams from project initiation through to completion
* Undertaking Design Management activities as necessary for Railway Infrastructure Projects
* Responsible for leading and developing team members as well as regularly liaising with senior staff to ensure the effective and efficient performance of the team
* Delivery of projects to time and budget, and ensuring projects are completed to the required quality;This role forms an important position within the leadership of our rail team in Solihull, with the responsibility of managing and delivering key railway systems projects and railway multi-disciplinary projects for Arup and providing additional reinforcement to our management team with proven organisational and leadership abilities.
Essential Skills and Knowledge required:
* Project Management experience in the UK (and to a lesser degree overseas experience) in the rail industry is essential;
* Prior experience acting as a Design & Build Project Manager for multidisciplinary rail design projects, providing excellent engineering skills and technical knowledge of railway design, within an environment of high quality and timeliness;
* Good people and team leadership skills and ability to act as an effective team and rail business manager operating with enthusiasm and a sense of purpose: for the successful delivery of projects, the growth of the business, and Arup;
* Good underpinning knowledge of railway systems, civil engineering, geotechnical and structural engineering design principles, processes and standards, is essential;
* Good understanding of the safety process, possession requirements, and of the Interfaces between the design and manufacturing and installation.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
* Good project management of heavy, light rail and metro detailed design, scheme design, feasibility and survey work. Will have had maintenance, renewal, and/or enhancements experience in a railway infrastructure company, major consultant, or major contractor, with the majority of this being spent on railway and/or civil engineering design.
* Experience in contributing to winning and delivering new work, mainly in the group, but also across the UK and overseas
* You will have an appropriate HND, university degree (BEng, BSc) or equivalent qualification.
* You will have an appropriate professional qualification such as Chartered (CEng) member of the IMechE, / IET / ICE / APM or similar.
What we're looking for in you:You will have great communication skills and be able to demonstrate highly effective networking skills. You will be passionate & commercially aware with a sound technical knowledge.
Rewards & Benefits:We offer a competitive salary at all levels and one of the best benefits package in our sector. Core benefits include Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Accident Assurance and Income Protection cover. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefit Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash or spend on a wide range of Choice benefits to help you with your work/life balance and financial NA addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share Scheme where employees could receive two Profit Share payments per NA a global firm we can develop careers in the UK or abroad through international assignments, and our commitment to training and development is fundamental to ensure we continue to develop our staff and look to the future requirements of our NA you share our passion, why not talk to us about a rewarding career with Arup