|Job Ref:||204579086||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dagenham||Address:||Post Code:||RM9||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:01|
Engineering Manager (Electrical / Controls): London / Dagenham £55k|
Huxley Engineering and a Global £Multi-Billion name in the Heavy Materials Process Industry have identified the recruitment of an Engineering Manager with Electrical / Controls experience as key requirement for a major Works Site, based in the Dagenham / Grays / Rainham area.
Reporting into the Works Manager (and deputising for the Works Manager as and when), the Engineering Manager is directly responsible for the engineering and production requirements of the site, as well as being responsible for delivery of production plans, creating the maintenance plan and management of all associated resources.
In addition, the Engineering Manager will be responsible for delivery of site Health and Safety systems, Environmental systems, Quality systems and procedures in order to meet the requirements of the company business plan.
* Management (23 direct reports of Production & Maintenance Personnel) & Control of all Production and maintenance activities carried out on site, including day to day maintenance/production requirements and providing out of hours breakdown cover.
* To effectively develop staff so that they are competent to carry out their duties and they are prepared for new technology.
* Health and Safety Management
* Co-ordinate all planned shutdowns ensuring that all maintenance activities carried out are completed, and that Major shutdowns do not overlap with other sites in the group.
* Development and improvement of existing plant and equipment.
* Develop and monitoring of safe isolation procedures.
* Discipline of staff under their control
* Management of sub contractors as required
* Assist in setting and control of operational budgets.
* Shutting down the process when there is a risk to people, the environment and the plant
* Setting plant parameters to ensure that quality parameters and plant performance are met or to protect the equipment.
* Site personnel organisation and planning
Experience & Skills Required for Engineering Manager (Electrical / Controls) Role:
* Proven Electrical Engineering experience and relevant qualifications (Apprenticeship or Degree - Min HNC) within a Process / Heavy Engineering environment
* Operational knowledge of the PLC control systems and production plants.
* Preventative maintenance techniques and practices.
* Full understanding of electrical isolation and permitting procedures.
* Management and leadership skills and the ability to work without supervision
* Knowledge and experience of engineering management.
* Formal Health and safety qualification preferably NEBOSH min IOSH or equivalent
For the successful Engineering Manager (Controls / Electrical Engineering), a salary of up to £55,000 is on offer as well as bonus, 27 days holiday and pension.
Whilst this Engineering Manager role is based in London (Dagenham / Grays area) and is commutable from Dartford, Romford, Ilford, Gravesend, Chatham and Barking, we are also keen to hear from Engineering Managers who may be looking to relocate for the right permanent position.
To be considered for this Engineering Managers role, please apply via the link below