|Job Ref:||204579071||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Maidenhead||Address:||Post Code:||SL6||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:56|
Urgent requirement to have a Field Engineer onsite ASAP at Maidenhead - Field Engineer required to complete the ITPs on site and data validation to ensure engineering compliance, required as part of commissioning |
Hour per week: 40
Notice Period: 1 week
Role: Field Engineer - OLEC 3 minimum
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 month Contract
Field Engineer/ Engineering Support
West Outer Electrification
Your role forms part of the team that is delivering the Western Outer electrification Project, WOE, led by Project Director WOTI and WOE.
You will provide technical engineering support to the Construction teams and the Commissioning teams.
• Client Engineering and Project Management Team
• Project Construction Team
• Engineering Team
• Commissioning Team
• Design Organisations
• External subcontracted Design Organisations
• Commercial Team
• Programme Control team
• Smooth delivery and implementation of design and completion of the required technical assurance documentation from site activities.
• Interface the design into the construction environment
• To operate a field change request system
• To operate a Site Design Instruction System
• To operate an issues log
• To resolve problems at site and minimise the flow of TQ's./RFI's between the parties
• To carry out site survey
• To suggest alternative solutions where the design requires adjustment
• To advise construction in respect of the understand and interpretation of the design
• To enable construction to comply with the design and to verify that construction has complied with the design
• To work with construction in the preparation of redline drawings
• To work with the assurance function to enable the hand back packages to be created
• A good understanding of implementation of design standards, procedures and HSE Legislation.
• Proven ability to manage interfaces.
• To understand the basic and system design and in particular know the build in adjustability limits and tolerances
• To understand the "OLE acceptance document" and know the final parameters that system must be built to in order to perform
• To know the limitations of knowledge and to refer back to design (FCR) for confirmation of alternative proposals
• To be able to propose alternative design solutions and prepare Site Design Instructions (SDI's) to communicate these
• To understand construction methodology, plant, materials and equipment and be able to communicate design in the context of these limitations
• To understand the installation design and know the key requirements
• Graduate or HND
• Professional qualification desirable
• CRE experience
• Knowledge of the GRIP process
• able to effectively operate survey and measurement equipment
• Experience in safe working practice in a Railway Environment.
• Substantial relevant experience of OHL Engineering scheme delivery.
• Environmental Policies, reg's and legislation as effects role
• Design Experience