|Job Ref:||TWMA-FRCP01146833||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||France||City:||Crespin||Address:||Post Date:||17/10/2016 22:04|
We are Bombardier! |
Get on board; we can drive you further in your career!
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions.
At Bombardier, 70.000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
To lead an engineering team for major projects of rolling stock in France, we are currently looking for a motivated:
Project Engineering Manager (m/f)
Location: Crespin (North of France)
Purpose of the job:
Our Project Engineering Manager will be responsible to:
- Lead, manage and control all engineering-related activities in the project to deliver on requirements, budget and schedule.
- To ensure "lessons learned" and best practices are applied on projects and transferred to new projects.
- To be the main Engineering Interface with the customer.
1. To lead all aspects of design, implementation, testing and commissioning required to deliver the scope of the engineering project so as to satisfy customer requirements while adhering to project budgets and schedules. Accountable for ensuring the product complies with all contractual and legal requirements, particularly those that relate to certification.
2. Establish and maintain interfaces with other Engineering departments & with relevant functions (Project Management, Procurement, Operations, Sales, Bids). Representing the entire engineering department in relation to the customer's technical departments and partner(s).
3. Continuous optimization of Project Engineering processes/tools/behaviors by taking into account business requirements, customer needs, technical innovations, and new market conditions.
4. Monitor, control and report monthly all product related financial aspects of the project consistent with the contract requirements and established project management procedures to attain established goals. Timely identification of relevant issues that may impact the project to the core team and conversely feeding back to the Engineering team, then to jointly identify the resultant action plans to mitigate the issue.
5. Ensuring that relevant skills required by the project are identified, communicated and made available by the Engineering Function in order to fulfill project requirements.
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant Degree, Engineering discipline desirable
- Leading significant engineering design project, typically 250,000 engineering hours
- A forward looking view and excellent business acumen
- Managing and consolidating schedules and budgets and arbitrating where necessary
- Management of contractual 'trade-offs' within the Project core Team and with customer
- Identification of the project technical risks
- Deciding upon actions to be taken in technical terms in liaison with the engineering functional managers, in order to meet the project objectives
- Co-ordinating technical support during the warranty period
- Managing the design review process, interface meetings and JDDP
- Consolidate action plans as part of any required cost reduction process
- Good IT Skills, & have appreciation of an Engineering / Design / Production Environment & Associated Documentation is essential.
- Excellent English & French communication skills (written and spoken); Dutch is a significant plus.