Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
As a Front of House Receptionist you will be the first person a visitor or client meets or speaks to on the telephone therefore your primary value will be to make that all important good first impression by demonstrating a high level of customer care and professionalism, as well as impeccable grooming and appearance at all times.
You will be responsible for providing administrative support as well as managing stationary stocks and meeting room / kitchen supplies. Please be aware that this list is not exhaustive, and you will be expected to comply with any reasonable requests outside of this.
- Meet and greet visitors, occupiers and clients by providing a five star welcome, ensuring visitors are looked after through to meeting their host and to announce visitors as appropriate in line with the team agreement.
- Signing in visitors according to security procedures and processes and direct to the relevant meeting rooms.
- To assist visitors and occupiers with queries in a knowledgeable and professional manner, offering beverages where appropriate and cloakroom assistance if required.
- To offer additional assistance as and when required in an administrative or hospitality capacity, including diary / calendar management and printing / filing etc.
- To use the guests name as appropriate during conversation where possible and to keep the Reception area tidy and clean at all times.
- To maintain excellent customer care and front of house standards at all times - own the front of house area
- To deal with any complaints in a calm and professional manner, escalating to the correct person when needed.
- To adhere to the sites security procedures and regulations as set out by management.
- To answer the telephones from customers and occupiers in a friendly, timely and professional manner and manage the switchboard as directed.
- Take responsibility for the smooth running / maintenance of systems.
- To deal with any internal questions or queries and escalate where appropriate to the reception manager / Nasdaq Office Manager.
- To report any maintenance issues in the Reception and lobby area as directed to the correct department.
- To use and update the clients in house database and Microsoft packages, ensuring all staffing lists and contact details are up to date and accurate at all times.
- To book meeting rooms as directed and manage any postal deliveries including signing for packages and ensuring delivery to recipient as well as managing any outgoing post, ensuring franking is completed on time and organising courier deliveries with follow up confirmation if required.
- To take ownership of the management of conference and meeting room facilities, including IT equipment and supplies.
- Provide tea and coffee where required and assist catering with the set up of food and drink options.
- Assist with the cleaning of the meeting rooms where possible, especially in quick turnaround situations.
- Liaise with other departments if receiving unexpected visitors to ensure quick and smooth turnaround for guests.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Experience in 5* Customer service and Environment (Essential).
- Previous experience in Administration and Switchboard (Preferred).
- Must have an excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook and Excel (Essential).
- Previous experience working with high profile Clients (Essential).
- To take ownership and pride in your Reception area and take lead in your personal development.
- An interest in social interaction with other Nasdaq associates and attending evening socialisers.
- Outgoing and "can do" personality with a flexible approach.
- Confidence in Liaising with other departments.
- Self motivated with an interest in the business.
- Fixed Term
- Full time
- 45 hours per week
- Shift Pattern: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 6:00pm
- 20 days annual leave
- Closing Date: 28th October 2016
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide. We are committed to equal opportunities for all.