Requisition ID: |
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
When in supervisory role, implements personnel policies (e.g., conducts employee performance evaluations) and provides technical direction to staff
- Provides input on bid decisions, proposal development, and estimates (scope, constraints, schedules, budgets) with respect to integration and compliance with safety requirements.
- Provides technical support to safety studies, health assessment studies, and project risk assessments.
- Coordinates appropriate consideration of safety requirements with subcontracts, engineering, and construction personnel as assigned.
- Provides safety technical support and assistance to projects and coordinates safety requirements and formulation of risk reduction measures with project-assigned safety personnel, engineering, construction and onsite ES&H representatives during construction.
- Participates in meetings with customers, project team members, and contractors/subcontractors to advise them of safety requirements that may affect project design, schedule, and cost.
- Drafts comprehensive ES&H plans, project specific risk reduction plans, safety awareness training programs, and technical reports.
- Provides recommendations and input for revising safety procedures, work processes, and other quality improvement measures.
- Flexible in performing other duties or shift within ES&H (e.g.; training, emergency response activities, night shift coverage etc.) as directed by the Project ES&H Manager or designee.
- Conducts safety inspections/assessments of project construction activities to monitor compliance with applicable safety and health requirements including contractual commitments, permits, and the project's ES&H plan.
Prior practical work experience in office settings (e.g., managing safety and health programs, budgets and staff) and field locations (e.g., construction execution and/or operating facilities) performing the responsibilities listed above
- Advanced knowledge in a field of science, process engineering, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of safety procedures, engineering systems, principles, and methodologies.
- Knowledge of national and international safety laws/regulations and regulatory agencies' processes and responsibilities, industry standards/practices for safety and health compliance, and best management practices for minimizing potential safety risks during project execution.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction systems, methods, and work processes.
- Knowledge of construction planning, estimating, procedures, and execution.
- Experience in managing and/or providing technical oversight of safety and/or health subcontractors or consultants.
- Experience in safety inspections/assessments during construction.
- Knowledge of hazardous materials and physical risk exposures and Personal Protective Equipment standards as well as People Based Safety processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of Bechtel's organization structure, functions, and administrative procedures.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of Bechtel standard computer applications.
- Bachelor of Science degree in the sciences (e.g., biology, chemistry, physics, public health) or mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
This position is based in Alexandria and applicants must already possess the right to live and work in Egypt. This is a national contract position and the successful applicant will be employed by a third party company to provide services to Bechtel
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.