|Job Ref:||204416806||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Coventry||Address:||Post Code:||CV1||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:55|
Job Title: Structural Design Engineer|
Type: Full Time
Salary: Competitive, negotiable.
The Company: Our client is one of the UK's leading suppliers of temporary grandstand seating structures with a stock of over 37,000 temporary seats and involvement in a huge number of national events ranging from television shows to surf events.
The Opportunity: They are seeking a flexible, dynamic individual with AutoCAD experience to fill this role and help to grow and improve this business further. Any experience with scaffold, grandstand or temporary structure design would be an advantage. Overnight stays may be required therefore flexibility to accommodate is essential
Key activities will include:
• Completing CAD drawings for both quotation and contract purposes.
• Ensuring designs are structurally sound and meet industry accepted guidelines.
• Providing guidelines and advice to the operations team on method of build.
• Ensuring that design work is carried out efficiently with information passed on to the relevant people in a timely fashion.
• Managing and providing clear works instructions to the Fabricator for repairs and manufacturing of special components.
• Sourcing and ordering any materials required in the manufacturing of special components or repairs.
• Ensuring that the fabricator has the necessary tools to carry out any works.
• Carrying out detailed site surveys.
• Managing works on-site where necessary.
• Conducting inspections of completed structures and provide a Structural Safety Hand Over Certificate.
• Assisting in the selection or appointment of sub-contractors
• Working with contactors to ensure optimum delivery of the right quality on time and on cost
• Managing multi sites projects
• Contribute to the achievement of cost targets, income targets, contractual notifications
• Extensive, demonstrable AutoCAD experience
• Experience with scaffold, grandstand or temporary structure design.
If you fit the requirements for this role, apply today for immediate consideration. Suitable applicants will be contacted by email within 3 days