|Job Ref:||204583393||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derbyshire||Address:||Post Code:||DE55||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||28/09/2016 03:06|
JN Technical are recruiting an experienced Quantity Surveyor for a national construction company. The successful applicant will join the Buildings and Turn-Key team and will be responsible for dealing with all stages of each project, from tender to delivery. You will also play a vital role in ensuring we exceed customer expectations and always put the needs and wants of our valued customers first.|
- Proven track record in both Estimating & Quantity Surveying
- Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills.
- Able to interpolate surveys and produce schedule of quantities
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally.
- Must be flexible in hours of work and travel; the role is based in the Derby office but involves on-site visits when requested.
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office.
- Prepare quotations from first principles
- Obtain sub-contractor quotes etc
- To work with the Project Manager with the commissioning and the delivery of programmes of work;
- To manage the commercial resources (finance) of the assigned project to maximise planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts, including preparation of client invoices, valuing variations, final account negotiations.
- To support the authorisation and submission of project variations.
- Placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders.
- To constantly promote the company's values towards its customers in order to exceed their expectations.
• Hold the relevant qualifications (Degree or HNC in Quantity Surveying desirable)
• 3 + years experience within a similar role
Our client operate across numerous sectors including recycling, agriculture, healthcare, education, transport, offices, etc. They offer a number of services including structural steelwork, cladding, groundworks, walling, refurbishment, electrical services and are fully conversant with a range of contractual arrangements (such as JCT and NEC3) and procurement routes (such as design & build, traditional and PFI/PPP).
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established construction company