|Job Ref:||204585181||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Kent||Address:||Post Code:||TN23||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum Plus car and package||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:38|
Our client specialise in delivering projects within the new build residential sector.|
Reporting directly to the Commercial Manager this is a permanent full-time role based in the clients Head Office in Kent.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for all aspects of the cost process, from tendering and procurement, through to construction phase and final account sometimes focusing on a single project, but also taking on multiple projects where required.
• Carrying out sub-contractor, materials and consultant tender enquiries, appraisals and attending pre-selection meetings.
• Receiving and reviewing sub-contractor applications for payment and producing certificates.
• Receiving and reviewing variations, early warning notifications and compensation events from the subcontractor, and attending meetings where necessary.
• Attending valuation meetings, progressing payments with the Client, issuing Final Account and ensuring compliance with the Construction Act.
• Attending Cost Value Report Valuation meetings, producing reports and reviewing with Commercial Manager.
• Providing regular feedback and updates to the Commercial Manager/Divisional Director on all commercial aspects of a project.
• BSc in Quantity Surveying is preferred.
• Experience of working for a new build housing developer.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build lasting, successful relationships with clients, suppliers, subcontractors and other personnel.
• Excellent negotiation skills, with the ability to secure the best possible outcome for the business, whilst preserving future client relationships.
• An analytical approach to challenges and a positive approach to problem solving.
• Possesses a great attention to detail, accurate and numerate.
• Able to keep cool under pressure and when working to demanding deadlines.
To register an interest in this post, please apply or call Darren Collier on (Apply online only) for a confidential discussion