|Job Ref:||204585469||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Edinburgh||Address:||Post Code:||EH3||Salary:||£25000 - £29000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:38|
Avenue 4 Forces have excellent full time opportunities for Groundwork Foremen to operate with our Scottish Client in the Civil Engineering Sector.|
The Groundwork Foremen will be responsible for the delivery of duties on site, the allocation of tasks to Operatives and the oversight of the team and where applicable, sub-contractors. They are also responsible for organising and controlling the Operative teams' daily work in order to meet productivity, safety, quality and environmental targets.
The Foremen will have experience in civil engineering projects previously and will have SSSTS, CSCS and Drivers Licence.
* Ensure all operatives, both the Company's and sub-contractors, carry out the work instructed of them by either you or the Construction Supervisor in compliance with Safe Systems of Work processes
* Inform teams what is required on a daily/weekly basis through setting goals and targets in keeping with financial and programming constraints of the contract
* Work with line management to prepare for each job and assist in deciding what plant, equipment, tools materials and people are most appropriate to meet productivity targets.
* Look for ways to improve the way work is carried out and suggest improvements to line management
* Assist in weekly work planning with the Construction Supervisor to ensure that all resources are available at the right time and there is no over-resourcing.
* Resolve operational issues that occur and update the Construction Supervisor
* Inform your team of any risks on the project and ensure that these are managed whilst keeping the Construction Supervisor informed
* Ensure, at all times, the safety of your colleagues, third parties, visitors and members of the public and that HSQE procedures and processes are followed
* Complete all work related documents and ensure that timesheets and allocation sheets are completed accurately and submitted on time
* On some contracts will be required to carry out project operative duties
* Ensure that company resources, equipment and materials are being used efficiently to meet specifications, productivity targets and that waste and re-work is minimised
* Actively participate in Tool Box Talks/Take 5 and take the lead in them when required
* Inform the Construction Supervisor of any client requests/changes and keep records of who, what, where and times.
* To be responsible for their own health and safety and that of colleagues, in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and relevant EC directives.
Qualifications and Experience
Site Supervisor's Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS)
Drivers Licence - Plant tickets if possible
Experience in Civil Engineering Projects