|Job Ref:||204584853||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bath||Address:||Post Code:||BA1||Salary:||£55000 - £65000/annum Pension, Medical, LifeAssurance||Post Date:||28/09/2016 03:07|
Quantity Surveyor |
An established consultancy specialising in quantity surveying and project management services are seeking a senior quantity surveyor to develop their Bath office a short walk from the Roman Bath houses, building a team of permanent quantity surveyors to deliver projects in the south. The role will develop into an Associate Director position as the team grows.
Prestigious clients including Deutsche Bank, DeBeers, Banque Paribas and Michael Kors, offering a range of services across luxury residential, commercial, education, healthcare and heritage sectors, this is a rare chance to join a progressive consultancy and become a central part of its future. Projects value from £500,000 to £100 million, and often include intricate unique design briefs.
A quantity surveyor currently running projects autonomously, with both pre and post contract experience, working towards MRICS, would also be very desirable. If you are a quantity surveyor with ambition, aiming for Directorship, this is the role you should be applying to!
The successful Quantity Surveyor will be running projects throughout Bath and the South. Current projects include a Trust school designed specifically to support and encourage the learning and development of students with Autism, upgrade and refurbishment on an embassy building, a large luxury office complex, and a HQ for a blue chip banking client.
* Performing risk, value management and cost control
* Initial Feasibility and early cost advice
* Sit in on weekly project reviews with Contracts Director as required
* Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
* Review Value an Agree Variations to Contracts
* Cost Advice on Professional Fees
* Work closely with Contracts Management team
* Submission & Negotiation of Final Accounts
* Validating Subcontractor Applications
* Prepare estimates and bills of quantities
Attend de-brief meetings at end of Projects
The successful Quantity Surveyor will have:
* RICS accredited degree
* 5 years + post graduate experience working in a similar consultancy environment
* Looking to progress your career to Chartership
* You will be able to commute to Bank station
* Technically excellent with a high level of responsibility and exposure to projects
* Exposure to any of the following; Residential, Retail, Leisure, Education, Healthcare or Commercial new builds
This is an opportunity to work within a continually developing quantity surveying consultancy where a dedicated quantity surveyors can progress to managing quantity.
* Between £55,000 and £65,000 basic salary
* Excellent career progression
At Brandon James we currently have a wide range of opportunities for Quantity Surveyors in London.
If you are a Quantity Surveyor considering your career options please contact Elisha Riddett at Brandon James.
Bath/ Director / Quantity Surveyor/ Business Development / Managing Quantity Surveyor / MRICS