|Job Ref:||204585183||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Berkshire||City:||Berkshire||Address:||Post Code:||OX14||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:53|
Core Network Technical Service Engineer - Permanent - Berkshire|
Core Network Technical Service Engineer required by a leading telecommunication service provider to provide maintenance work to the Core Network.
Must understand HLD / LLDs and have some experience / exposure to IMS or NFV technologies along with a range of Core network technologies.
Please note this role may require an on-call rota.
* Core Network Engineer required to work with the other engineers in the department to support the In-Life product maintenance of the network. As a key member of the In-Life Support team the role will involve TAC shift working (24*7*365) as required to support our customers' networks, taking part in an on-call-rota .
* As your technical support skills develop the role may cover a wide arena with different product and different customer.
Core Network technical service:
* IMS/MSOFTX3000/NGN/MGW/HSS/STP/PCRF/SBC/NFV Core network equipments data configuration
* Commissioning and integrate IMS/MSOFTX3000/NGN/MGW/HSS/STP/PCRF/SBC /NFV Core Network on site
* Solving In-Life Core Network technical issues, working with GTAC, R&D engineers as needed
* IMS/MSOFTX3000/NGN/MGW/HSS/STP/PCRF/SBC/NFV Core Network equipments daily maintenance
TAC/NOC customer support service:
* Proactively manage the surveillance and remote fault resolution, manage the technical help desk and field force dispatch as well.
* Provide technical support for customers by means of diagnosing complex technical issues, technical enquiries, and providing regular status updates to customers
* Interface & respond to customer technical requirements and issues, formulate & implement operation & maintenance solutions, in-time and effectively to solve the requirements & issues, and obtain customer satisfaction and the companies professional image.
* To organize & conduct operation & maintenance activities as per customer maintenance contract.
* To assist & support the call centre operation so that maintenance services are implemented to a high standard and within the SLA.
* To organize & conduct technical training and technical knowledge sharing in various forms to customer or internal audiences, with the intention to increase customer or internal audiences' technical competency level.
* To generate & maintain customer good relationship, and liaise with call centre to obtain customer good feedback & satisfaction on the services provided.
* Logging all support incidents in call-tracking database ensuring all data is complete and accurate.
* Troubleshooting and resolving customer product/network problems, using On-line data services wherever possible, and other resources wherever possible. Dial in to customer site to assist wherever appropriate.
* Reproducing new or undocumented customer problems in a lab environment and providing evidence of findings to Escalation Support or Development Engineering, as appropriate.
* Escalating incidents to Level 2/3 and 4
* Contribute to the Knowledge System database and share knowledge within the team. Commitment to help other team members, especially new starters, in resolving incidents and growing in technical knowledge.
* Keep up to date on all relevant technologies and products. Commitment to self-development.
Knowledge, Qualification and Experience Required
* Bachelor's Degree in telecommunications/electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent
* Ability to learn new technical knowledge
* Multi-vendor background preferred including some of Nokia/Ericsson/Nortel/ALU element (Flexi, Ultrasite, Metrosite, RBS series, etc.) training and experience
* Good understanding of IMS/NGN/GU/CS/NFV telecom networks i.e. elements, protocols, services, configuration etc.
Skills and Competencies Needed (Essential)
* Delivering results - demonstrate a systematic and logical problem solving technique, in order to formulate and deliver to business SLA's and recovery action plans. Will also be able to work as an individual or as part of a team to ensure appropriate actions are taken and targets are met.
* Putting customers first - has the ability to work in a high pressure environment as required to resolve faults and issues in order to restore network availability and therefore minimise impact on the customer.
* Communicating for impact - communicates effectively at all levels. Able to translate complex technical issues into plain language for making and influencing reasoned decisions.
* Nokia equipments knowledge and implementation experience in the UK.
* Making a personal difference - able to learn, think and react quickly.
* Hands-on Core Network equipment rollout experiences
* Hands-on Core Network equipment swap experience
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* University degree in management, Telecommunication or Electrical / Electronic Engineering or relevant working experience.
* Excellent communication skill
* Experience with operator O&M dept
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note
Project People Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy