|Job Ref:||204583849||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wolverhampton||Address:||Post Code:||WV1||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum Pension, benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 08:56|
Key Duties |
* Working collaboratively with all areas of the Business including production, sales and the development team.
* Isolating and defining SQL solution and designs from customers and business requirements in order to meet their needs.
* When designing and implementing solutions this will include will include full database schemas and programming/logic elements such as stored procedures and functions, cross-database links and auditing.
* Ensuring all solutions have high levels of focus on performance, security and efficiency considerations
* Intelligently testing and rolling out all implementations, these can be targeted at a mix of Test, Live and shared resources.
* Reviewing SQL code written by other members of the technical teams, ensuring that systems are not adversely impacted by new or updated SQL code.
* Continuously seeking improvements to add quality tot the current systems, whether this is using modern techniques or automating processes.
* Maintaining a high standard of systems documentation, ensuring business as usual' can be maintained and understood by the wider technical community.
* Assisting DBAs and support teams in problem solving and root cause analysis for system failures, customer or business requests.
* Provide support and training to the wider development team in good SQL coding practices.
* To contribute to, participate in and attend appropriate meetings and training courses as required.
* The job holder may be asked at times to carry out other duties not necessarily listed in this job description, but which are commensurate with this position.
Key Technical Skills
Experience and knowledge of the following is expected:
* SQL database design and maintenance
* SQL Scripting/ programming
* SQL reporting
* SQL execution plans
* Microsoft SQL server (various versions)
* A genuine interest in IT development, with a strong willingness to learn
* Ability to deliver quality database solutions for a given specification or requirement.
* Ability to manage and control databases to a high standard.
* Ability to communicate potential problems with SQL code, analyse issues and identify root causes.
* Ability to implement initiative's to improve quality and processes with regards to SQL development.
* Strong communication skills: able to communicate wand work with technical and non-technical people alike, in a clear, collaborative and positive manner.
* Ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
* Ability to think on your feet and show initiative.
* Highly self-motivated, with a focus on continuous improvement.
* Ability to work flexibly.
If you feel you have the right experience and skills in order to undertake the above role, please contact me on 0292037 55 99. Please note that my client DOES NOT offer sponsorship to applicant working on a visa.
CPS Group (UK) Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy