|Job Ref:||204583588||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derbyshire||Address:||Post Code:||DE55||Salary:||£40000/annum 40,000 (DOE) + Benefits||Post Date:||28/09/2016 04:25|
Network Operations Manager / Team Leader (Cisco)|
40,000 (DOE) + Benefits
Network Operations Manager / Team Leader needed with hands-on experience of CISCO networking and team leading / team management. A superb permanent career opportunity to work with a Public Sector / Government organisation based in Derbyshire. Start ideally in September/October 2016 (subject to candidate availability / notice).
Key skills, experience and day-to-day responsibilities will include...
- Reporting to the 'Head of Technical Operations' you will be responsible for defining / enforcing best practice IT network standards across the organisation.
- Hands-on experience of implementing, supporting and managing Data / Voice networks, including: Cisco IOS, firewalls and networking monitoring skills.
- Team Management: strong team leading / staff management experience. Managing a small Networking Team, including work allocation, objectives, appraisals, performance, grievance / disciplinary and career development matters.
- Network Operations: ensuring all IT network infrastructure is reliable, secure, cost effective and fit-for-purpose.
- Project Management: planning and delivery of network solutions to agreed time-scales, costs and technical specifications.
- Relationship Building: engaging constructively with 3rd party network infrastructure suppliers, customers and internal stakeholders to ensure agreed network solutions are delivered.
- Working with technical design teams to ensure that network solution designs meet agreed requirements.
- Documenting agreed IT network processes and delivering robust network performance and availability.
- Financial Management: tracking support contracts, product licencing, budgeting, financial reporting and commercial contract / tender negotiations.
- Participating in the out-of-hours / on-call rota where required.
- Public Sector / Government sector experience would be an advantage.
Please email through a copy of your current CV for consideration stating your work availability, salary expectations and a short `Covering Letter` explaining why you believe you would be a strong match for the position.
If your experience matches the key requirements of the position you will receive a call from a member of the Syntax team who will run through the role in greater detail and answer any further questions you may have.
We always do our very best to respond individually to all applicants. However, due to high volumes of applications we regret that it is not always possible to do this. Thank you for your understanding.
Syntax Consultancy Ltd operates as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency