|Job Ref:||204582973||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Post Date:||24/10/2016 09:49|
Performance Tester, Edinburgh|
This exciting world leading technology giant Is going through a sustained period of growth and is looking to add several highly talented Performance Tester's to join their growing Edinburgh and Glasgow teams.
As a Performance Engineer you will be a key member of their product development function, measuring the impact of enhancements to ensure we continually improve the gaming experience for our millions of players. Additionally you will be a real asset to our engineering teams, by providing them with the support to enable them to conduct effective performance testing early and regularly as part of their development lifecycle.
If you've been working in a similar role or are an experienced engineer with a passion for building scalable, well-performing solutions and now want to step up into a highly visible role then this is one of those rare opportunities. They used to do Performance Testing as a seasonal activity and want to change this, so this position will have direct input into the creation of a new empowered engineering team.
The successful Performance Testers will have the following skills and experience:
* Ability to influence a community of engineers and develop supportive relationships at the Director, VP and CTO level.
* You are excited by opportunities for experimentation, you know what the Simian Army are, and want to bring your own ideas too.
* A keen eye for automation and a passion for efficiency.
* Experience of working under Agile and Lean Principles as you'll be part of a like-minded team.
Some skills and experience of the following is highly desirable:
* Strong performance testing grounding with experience developing and implementing performance test strategies.
* Familiarity of an end to end dev stack, particularly web, Java and Python technologies in a scalable, concurrent, high-availability enterprise.
* A good understanding of cloud based architectures (they use AWS).
* Experience with distributed systems and microservices.
* Knowledge of event-driven architecture and queueing services.
On offer are unrivalled career development opportunities, a chance to work with the latest cutting edge technologies, and work alongside some of the most talented engineering team and an exceptional package.
Package includes a generous basic, potential relocation package, good pension, lucrative share options, private medical insurance, dental, optical, death in service, flexible working hours, refreshments (fruit, soft drinks, beer!), ongoing personal development and training, the best technology and equipment (upgraded every 2 years), social events and a fantastic working environment.
These really are great opportunities for a rapidly growing start up that is changing the face of the fantasy sports gaming market and going through some exciting times. If you are interested in the above role please email me your CV ASAP.
The People Network is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
The company is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
The People Network is part of the Pertemps Network Group of companies and is a specialist IT and technical recruitment consultancy with offices in London, Birmingham and Wiltshire. Experienced in placing permanent, interim and contract IT and technical staff at all levels across a range of sectors including Banking, Financial Services, Telecoms, Consultancy and Software Houses across the UK and Mainland Europe.
If you would like a confidential and informal chat regarding your career please call and speak with one of our consultants.
For more information and latest vacancies please visit us on our website at (url removed)