|Job Ref:||204582948||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle upon Tyne||Address:||Post Code:||NE2||Salary:||£400 - £500/annum||Post Date:||28/09/2016 04:25|
Pay Rate: £500 Max
Location: Newcastle Benton Park
Contract Length: 3 Month +
• Developing new components for an in-sourcing project to deliver Winter Fuels payments for NA are looking for x4 skilled full stack web application developers to deliver the end to end web service against the agreed technology stack, within the agreed security framework.
• Developing products from Alpha through to Beta phase within Data science to productionise Churchill and other key projects using API and APP technology.
• This role leads the design, build and maintenance of software applications as part of a multi-functional agile delivery team.
• The Senior Software Engineer will direct the building and testing of web applications; the implementation of internal and external application programming interfaces (APIs) and maintenance of web applications. capable of influencing and leading across multiple disciplines.
• They will work collaboratively on multiple complex projects and lead full stack software engineering teams, including application architecture and infrastructure, providing technical assurance for the products being deployed.
• They will be aware of and have expertise in many different technologies encompassing all levels of the application stack.
• They will develop medium to long term strategies for product lines and the wider software engineering community.
• They are experts and role models in software craftsmanship, behaviour and test driven development, continuous integration and delivery.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Specific skills required are;
• Test driving development, continuous integration and deployment. Understanding of MVC and micro services.
• Security and authentication protocols.
• Architecting and automating the build process for production using task runners and scripts.
• Documenting with JSDoc
• Creating e2e test suites and running them with Protractor
• Creating configuration, build and test scripts for CI environments e.g. Gitlab CI
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience of leading multiple technical teams in a complex, multi-disciplinary environmentsoftware engineering, programming and data management
• All-encompassing experience of behaviour driven development, test driven development, unit testing and software quality engineering
• Ability to source, recommend and implement the appropriate tool or technology for a given task