|Job Ref:||204582936||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Shropshire||City:||Telford||Address:||Post Code:||TF4||Salary:||£35000/annum + excellent company benefits||Post Date:||20/10/2016 03:46|
An exciting opportunity has become available to join one of the fastest growing companies in the country that offer tailor-made cloud hosted solutions and managed IT services.|
Purpose of Job:
Supporting sales and technical teams to ensure that customers are offered products and services appropriate to their needs.
Identifying achievable technical solutions aligned with customer business requirements.
Contribution to the production of professional customer proposals.
External representation of our organisation's technical ability.
Design and specification of customer IT solutions using a variety of server technologies. Includes:
Gathering and interpreting customer requirements.
Translating requirements into technical recommendations that meet customer needs.
Liaising with Infrastructure engineers to develop professional customer proposals.
Technical assessment of customer requests including the commercial estimation of engineer effort.
Contributing to tender processes and producing professional proposals.
Representation of technical teams during customer meetings or by other communications.
Maintaining a close understanding of relevant markets to identify product and service opportunities.
Skills and Knowledge base:
Technical Pre-Sales Advisors must have a good technical grasp of Microsoft server and Citrix technologies with an understanding of typical applications. Experience at least four of the following
technologies is should be demonstrated.
• Microsoft server and desktop technologies:
o Active Directory
o Windows Server and desktop operating systems
o Internet Information Services (IIS)
o Remote Desktop Services
o Clustering (MSCS)
o Microsoft SQL Server
• Citrix XenApp
• Awareness of WAN/LAN connectivity sufficient to provideadvice to customers.
• Hypervisor technologies such as VMware or Hyper-V
• Unix or Linux operating systems
• Solar Winds monitoring applications
• Enterprise hardware for servers and storage including SAN.
Candidates should demonstrate competency for the following.
• Effective planning of mixed workloads with ability tomonitor objectives and escalate as necessary.
• Independent problem solving and the ability to workaround blockages.
• Self-sufficient workload management including prioritising and executing tasks.
• Achieving positive outcomes through communication.
• Collaborative team working and participation in meetings.
• Maintaining a professional attitude with consideration for company reputation at all times.
If you have the key skills and experience then send in your CV today