|Job Ref:||204585498||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:59|
REED Engineering are working with a leading engineering company with a global client base.|
Responsibility:- To enhance the business through technical development of the range of corrosion & temperature resistant alloys.
* Identification of new applications / opportunities for corrosion/temperature resistant materials.
* Development of alloys in conjunction with suppliers to meet customer aspiration and performance criteria.
* Analysis and evaluation of customer returns, metallurgical failures and defects.
* Technical report writing.
* Oversee R&D programmes.
* Provision of specific support to the sales team, worldwide.
* Internal / external audit.
* Production of technical articles and marketing literature
* Compilation and analysis of supplier data to assess and drive performance.
* Developing relationship with customers technical staff, customer presentations and supporting customer development programmes.
* Ensure that all personnel comply with good working practices.
* Maintain a safe environment; work within company HS&E policies.
* Supporting the development of staff through the provision of metallurgical training
* Undertaking any tasks required by management which fall within the experience or capabilities of the individual.
Key Skills / Requirements
* Metallurgical qualification and appropriate experience.
* IT literate
* NICKEL ALLOY AND EXOTIC METALS EXPERIENCE - METALLURGICAL/FORGING EXPERIENCE IS HIGHLY ADVANTAGEOUS
* Good communication skills both written and verbal
* Accurate, completer finisher
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business