|Job Ref:||204585484||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:59|
REED Engineering & Manufacturing Sheffield are working with a leading engineering company with a global client base.|
Senior technical resource focused on development and product activities. Provides clarification on complex metallurgical issues in assistance of Product Metallurgists and others.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist in the development and introduction of new products.
* Continually make controlled technical changes that improve product quality and/or decrease cost.
* Interface with customers on defining technical requirements and resolving customer problems.
* Work closely with operations to resolve internal technical problems.
* Assist Product Metallurgists with complex metallurgical problems or developments.
* Batchelor's Degree in Metallurgy, Materials Science or equivalent.
* A minimum of 3-5 years' experience in a relevant industrial environment with demonstrable experience within the aerospace, oil and gas or power generation sector.
* A solid understanding of the physical metallurgy of steel and nickel based alloys allied with metallographic and mechanical testing knowledge.
* Demonstrable experience of hot working processes.
* Demonstrable experience of OEM customer quality systems.
* Knowledge and application of improvement tools and techniques - RCCA, problem solving, error proofing, RAA.
Knowledge of VIM would be adavantageous although NOT essential going forward.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business