|Job Ref:||204585356||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£35000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:02|
This is an excellent opportunity to join this market leading business within as a member of the manufacturing team, with primary responsibility for plant equipment and control systems. |
• To plan, schedule and undertake routine maintenance work as required and instructed.
• To support Production teams by responding quickly to reports of equipment breakdown or failure and ensuring all repairs are undertaken effectively and with minimal disruption to normal production.
• To follow established maintenance systems and procedures.
• To gain a comprehensive understanding of the PLC controlled, and other specialist equipment in order to provide full fault diagnosis, support and repair.
• To undertake critical spares analyses for key items of production equipment and to ensure that adequate stocks of spare components are maintained.
• Will be required to work out of normal production hours as and when necessary, in order to minimise disruption to production.
• To ensure all contractors bought on site adhere to the strict site EH&S rules
• To be committed to a strong H&S culture on site, adhering at all times to Health & Safety / Environmental Statutory and Company Rules and Regulations.
• Time served Industrial Electrical Engineer with proven Electrical to Mechanical cross-over skills.
• Formal qualification in an Electrical Engineering discipline (BTEC or equivalent) would be preferred but significant relevant experience may also be considered
• Good level of computer literacy
• A minimum of five years' work experience within a manufacturing environment is essential
• Proven experience of Electrical & Mechanical repair or production equipment is essential
• Must hold 17th Edition Wiring certification
• Experience of maintenance and repair of PLC control systems is necessary.
• Must be able to demonstrate initiative to resolve problems and capable of working alone.
• Must be a good communicator and able to operate to a high standard within a team-based environment.
• Collaboration - Works cooperatively with and through others to get things done.
• Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect