|Job Ref:||204584250||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Cardiff||Address:||Post Code:||CF10||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||28/09/2016 02:24|
Senior Flood Risk Engineer|
To £40k plus excellent benefits
Our client is a leading international consultancy, offering multi-disciplinary engineering, planning and environmental services to clients both in the UK and globally.
They have a current requirement for an experienced Flood Risk Engineer to join their Cardiff team.
The team's work is challenging and varied and will involve projects within both flood risk assessment and modelling and also Development Infrastructure.
While the majority of the project work will be regionally based you will also have the opportunity to work on national and international projects as a number of national subject matter experts are based within the Bristol office.
You will join a project team working on a range of exciting projects for private and public sector clients with a strong emphasis on project delivery and with elements of project management.
You will take a lead role in the production of Flood Risk Assessments and Surface Water Drainage Assessments for conceptual / outline drainage design, and flood Mitigation Design.
You'll ensure project work is delivered to a high standard and to agreed timescales including therefore some project management responsibility.
You'll be involved in the preparation of tenders for a range of water focused opportunities.
Skills & Experience required
* A relevant Batchelor's degree ideally combined with a Masters.
* Extensive relevant experience gained in the development sector together with commercial awareness / acumen.
* Good knowledge / application of relevant UK planning legislation in the water industry (e.g. NPPF) and understanding / use of technical guidance on flood risk and drainage.
* Experience of Hydraulic modelling packages such as ISIS, TUFLOW, InfoWorks ICM
* Knowledge of surface Water drainage packages such as Mircodrainage WINDES would be beneficial.
* Previous experience of International projects would be beneficial