|Job Ref:||204584223||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Gloucestershire||City:||Gloucestershire||Address:||Post Code:||GL9||Salary:||£35000 - £38000/annum PENSION||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:59|
Immediate opportunity for an experienced and confident Electrical Design Engineer working on special purpose machinery designing detailed electrical systems using intelligent software packages.|
Reporting to the Head of Engineering and having accountability to the project team for technical development and progress for assigned tasks; the individual shall work as part of a team and be responsible for the production of product design documentation including compliancy with safety standards.
Duties and responsibilities
* Producing compliant designs that are economical and safe to manufacture, inspect/test and maintain whilst meeting the minimum standard of fit for purpose.
* Electrical design and production of electrical drawings
* Creation of parts lists and data entry into a database.
* Electrical component selection.
* Maintenance of effective records of design compliancy, technical calculations and source data.
* Liaison with in-house production team, subcontractors and suppliers as appropriate to develop design solutions.
* Creation of Technical Specifications
Working knowledge and experience
* Proven knowledge and experience of Electrical Systems Design
* Experience of distributed digital and analogue I/O systems.
* Preparation of various specifications, test instructions, reports and plans
* EMC design experience.
* Producing detailed design drawings using intelligent software packages.
* Conduct / organise detailed design and development technical trials and testing where required.
* Accomplished design engineer with preferred minimum of HNC qualification.
* Experience of using intelligent electrical design software
* Experience of Machinery, Low voltage and EMC directives.
* Ability to develop, implement and maintain effective plans.
* Good IT skills and experienced with Microsoft Office applications.
* Commitment to quality with a good attention to detail.
* Maintenance of a valid current UK driving licence.
* Maintenance of a valid current passport.
* Solidworks Electrical
* Communications Technologies including RS232/422, Ethernet
* Printed Circuit Board design using Eagle software or similar
* Embedded firmware development
* Experience of Automation and control Technologies (Linear / Rotary Actuators, inverters)
If interested contact Paul Smith on (Apply online only) or email Learning@nonstop-technical