|Job Ref:||204583152||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Redruth||Address:||Post Code:||TR15||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:58|
My Client has an exciting opportunity for a Photovoltaic (PV) Systems Engineer.|
The candidate will be expected to take a lead role in handling customer enquiries and shall evaluate and interpret the customer's specification to prepare a detailed quotation for a PV System suitable for the location and proposed use. The role shall involve direct communications with customer/end user and shall include some travel.
In addition to the technical sales aspect of the position, the candidate will also take a lead role in the design, installation and commissioning phases of a project.
The responsibilities will include:
* Preparation of quotations
* To undertake engineering design and development tasks to the appropriate directives, standards and codes.
* To work as a member of the team, liaising with colleagues within the group, clients and suppliers whilst following existing design processes and practices and conforming to company standards.
* To assist with the assembly of electrical/electronic systems
* Testing and qualification of designs and equipment, both in-house and at client facilities.
* Participation in FATs, IFATs and commissioning of equipment at customers sites.
* To participate in the preparation of technical documentation.
The successful candidate would have:
* To demonstrate commercial experience in technical sales for PV Systems.
* To demonstrate experience in the design and installation of PV Systems.
* A good relevant engineering degree or HND/HNC.
* A strong electrical/electronic background with an understanding of systems engineering.
* Experience of CAD packages used for electrical drafting (Solidworks Electrical).
* The ability to carry out clear hand calculations.
* Good communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team.
* Strong practical hands-on engineering skills.
* Be prepared to undertake limited travel.
In addition, it would be desirable for the candidate to be able to demonstrate experience in a number of the following areas:
* Control panel design for automation and data acquisition.
* Design of electronics for integrated electro-mechanical systems.
* CE marking.
* Document control systems (Solidworks PDM).
* Design for EMC compliance.
* Power & drive systems
For further details, please contact Paul Furlong by email on - or by phone on (Apply online only).
Omega Selection Services, part of Omega Resource Group are an employment agency specialising in opportunities at all levels within the Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Electronics, Defence, Scientific, Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing sectors. We are always seeking Engineering Staff, Senior Managers, Skilled and Semi-Skilled Machinists, Mechanical Fitters, Electrical Fitters, Quality Engineers, Materials Science Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Electronics Engineers, Test Technicians, Technical Authors, Electricians and Laboratory Technicians to name but a few. For more details visit our website (url removed)
For details of other opportunities available within your chosen field please visit our website (url removed).
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy