|Job Ref:||204582854||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||UAE||Address:||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:56|
Our Client, a leading Global contractor requires a Contract administrator to join the team on a leading project in the Middle East.|
This position would suit a candidate that is highly driven, able to work as part of a team or autonomously, has worked on major complex building projects, has a degree (ideally) in commercial law or at least Engineering or Quantity Surveying.
This position will be reporting into and directly supporting the contracts manager on a high profile award. You will be responsible for the administration of contractual correspondence, researching letters, coordinating departments, attending meeting and interpreting various contracts.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a multi cultural corporation and within a multinational environment.
• Contracts experience essential
• Competent contractual letter writer (contract and technical)
• Excellent English skills
• Team player
• Able to communicate and integrate in a multidisciplinary, multicultural and multinational environment
Qualifications and Experience:
• Engineering, Quantity Surveying or business related field qualification with training in contract, construction and commercial law desirable;
• Experience in the administration of major construction contracts is required.
• Major complex building project experience preferred;
• Ability to operate under a degree of autonomy;
Specific skills required:
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills are essential;
• Ability to work effectively with all members of a multidisciplinary, multicultural and multinational environment within the Contractor team;
• Able to research and compile responses to letters from the Employer and / or the Engineer on contractual, technical and commercial matters;
• Able to interpret, support and uphold opinions on contractual matters with the Engineer;
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Contract Administrator will:
• Report to Contracts Manager.
• Primarily assist in the administration of contractual correspondence to / from Employer and Engineer.
• Researching response to letters, coordinating with other departments including Contractor's BIM, Procurement, Subcontract, Administration, Engineering, Construction, Planning and Commercial Departments.
• Attend meetings as required