|Job Ref:||204582842||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Wooburn Green||Address:||Post Code:||HP10||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:56|
RF / wireless systems Service Technician,|
Laird Wireless Access Control Systems,
Wooburn Green, Buckinghamshire
• Are you a tried, tested and proven Radio Frequency/ Wireless products/systems technician?
• Do you know how to carry out bench repairs, using through hole and surface mount processes?
• Are you experienced with working with/using oscilloscope, voltmeter, signal generator, spectrum analyser, wattmeter and to use a variety of electronics hand held tools?
For our Wireless Access Control Systems (WACS) business unit we are seeking technicians that can facilitate bench and customer on-site repairs. The role is with office base in Wooburn Green, but will include ad-hoc travel across UK/Ireland and Europe (estimated to be 15% of time)
The role offer the opportunity to work in a highly dynamic and progressive global company, albeit in relaxed yet very professional atmosphere offering autonomy and freedom.
Our Service Technicians are overall responsible for the repair and servicing of a range of our WACS product lines, ensuring these highly critical solutions are able to function faultlessly.
As the WACS products are used in highly critical scenarios all work required must be to the highest possible standard.
• Performs in-house (bench) repairs of company product.
• Performs on-site repairs of company products within Europe (when required)
• Performs commissioning and oversees installation of company product at customer site.
• Provides telephone/email assistance to customers to answer questions and help them troubleshoot equipment problems.
• Determines and gathers materials required to complete field service calls, installations and commissioning at the customer site.
• Advises and trains customers regarding the operation and maintenance of company products.
• Verifies company product interface with customer equipment for compliance with company and customer specifications and evaluates system performance under actual operating conditions.
• Validates all aspects of newly fabricated equipment before shipment to customer including proper design, fabrication and overall operation.
• Adjusts, calibrates and aligns company product circuitry and records outcome.
• Analyses problems using various types of electrical and electronic test equipment to diagnose and correct malfunctions of company product.
Essential skills for the role:
• Ability to solder and de-solder using both through hole and surface mount processes.
• Ability to use oscilloscope, voltmeter, signal generator, spectrum analyser, wattmeter and to use a variety of electronics hand held tools.
• Ability to use a PC effectively, including knowledge of word processing and windows based operating systems.
• Ability to use power supplies and to read and interpret schematic/circuit diagrams.
• Ability to read ladder logic diagrams.
• Practical knowledge of electronic theory, application and troubleshooting
• Must have a clean, valid driver's license. Must have one major credit card with sufficient credit to charge reimbursable travel expenses and car rentals.
• Must be able to obtain a rental vehicle while travelling which would normally require the incumbent to be at least 25 years of age.
• Must have current passport, and ability to travel at short notice (for the odd occasion where this required)
• Be of good physical fitness and able to (when at customer sites) to if required work under challenging conditions.
HND, HNC or ONC or equivalent in electronics from two year college or technical school; minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please apply through this link:
Laird is a global technology company, part of the FTSE 250,with headquarter in the UK, and US$ 1 billion in turnover. The company is focused on both providing solutions that protect electronic devices from electromagnetic radiation and connectivity through wireless applications and antennae systems. Laird employs over 9,000 employees in more than 30 facilities worldwide. Laird Controls UK Limited is part of the Wireless Automation Control (WACS) Division of the Laird Group which supplies high reliability wireless remote control systems, serving the railroad, mining, and industrial markets Worldwide