|Job Ref:||204584955||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lincolnshire||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Salary:||£20.00 - £21.00/hour||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:59|
A Research Engineer / PhD Fellowship is required to work for one of the world's leading manufacturer of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines. This is a contract position based in London and then moving to Peterborough offering an attractive rate of up to £21.00 per hour and a PhD fellowship|
As a Research Engineer you will be researching the urgent need to comply with the forecasted 2020 Euro VII regulations for reducing soot emissions from heavy duty Diesel engines. The proposed programme is designed to develop a systematic understanding of three emission reduction strategies: increasing pressure, use of additives and supercritical injection.
You will be required to work on proposed studies provide a unique training opportunity) obtaining new experimental data by utilising the most advanced experimental techniques, developing, improving and validating new state-of-the-art CFD models and training in industrial practice on site at the non-academic partner institutions which is expected to enhance their career perspectives.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Applicant is in the first 4 years of his/her research career. This is measured from the date of graduation (MSc degree or equivalent), which formally entitles him/her to embark on a doctorate.
- Applicant should not have been living in the country of the host institution (UK) for more than 12 months in the last 3 years
- A critical and inquisitive attitude with regard to results, which can be translated into new research questions.
- Being able to function both in a team and independently, with a good positive attitude to the wide variety of people encountered.
- Good communication skills.
- A sound knowledge of the English language, both oral and written.
If you are interested Please APPLY NOW. For further information you can contact Kerry Duggan on (Apply online only) or email
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business