|Job Ref:||204582662||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Monmouthshire||City:||Newport||Address:||Post Code:||GL13||Salary:||£32500/annum Excellent Benefit Package||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:56|
A leading civil engineering and construction company who currently employ over 800 people are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their workforce in Newport.|
The role involves a range of duties including monthly valuing of the works and making applications for payment; identifying values and agreeing variations with our clients; agreeing final accounts and reporting internally on the financial and contractual status of schemes including completion of monthly financial forecasts.
Other responsibilities include procuring and letting sub-contract packages, managing sub-contractors with the site delivery team whilst on site and agreeing final accounts.
The successful applicant must be a good communicator and negotiator; with commercial awareness and good IT skills with experience of databases and Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of construction contracts is preferred.
Required Skills & Person Specification:
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Team player, who has the ability to self-start and work independently
- Full driving licence
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- A degree or other qualification in quantity surveying would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Experience in the water industry would be an advantage, as well as being environmentally and contractually aware