|Job Ref:||204582508||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||CV31||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:56|
Salary: 30-35k + Benefits
Location: Leamington Spa or Worcester
Reporting to the Head of Procurement, the Buyer will manage the procurement of a range of ingredients, manage sustainable sourcing database and support the approval of packaging designs and artwork
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Manage the procurement of a range of ingredients ensuring effective processes have been applied in relation to supplier selection and performance, which may include but is not limited to, tender process, supplier selection, effective negotiation, producing contracts and monitoring performance.
2. Identify cost saving initiatives and continuously look for ways to improve procurement efficiency
3. Prepare and deliver monthly reports, quarterly forecasts and annual procurement budgets
4. Provide cross-functional support throughout the NPD and launch process
5. Work with the Supply Chain Team to ensure smooth implementation of procurement contracts
6. Support the Packaging Procurement & Development Manager in the approval of packaging designs and artwork
7. To manage the companies Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) Procedure and Certification as well as other sustainable sourcing database requirements
8. To uphold ethical and sustainability standards and policies as require
Licenses or Accreditations:
• CIPS Diploma in Procurement and Supply (previously Level 4)
• MCIPS or working towards
Education and Training:
• Degree educated
• Valid UK driving license
• Degree in Procurement or business related subject
• Previously worked in FMCG or manufacturing sector
• Managing supplier relationships
• Experience in supplier negotiations
• Manufacturing or fast paced environment
• Sound experience in developing and managing databases
• Excellent PC skills - in particular MS Windows applications (Excel/Word and PowerPoint).
• Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and oral, and be skilled at preparing and delivering presentations.
• Must be well organised, able to plan own work and self start and manage others.
• Persuasiveness - Influences, convinces or impresses others in a way that results in acceptance, agreement or behaviour change.
• Strong numeracy skills with the ability to analyse data and find areas for improvement.
• Detail oriented
• Have gravitas and ability to manage relationships of all levels
• Supplier and market analytical skills
• Advanced Excel (i.e. V-lookup, pivot tables )
• Project Management
Personal qualities/ behaviours
• Accountability - Demonstrates a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action whilst ensuring a high degree in integrity and accountability
• Adaptability - Successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions
• Ability to make decisions when all information is neither clear nor available
• Resilient - Ability to retain composure during tough times / when things don't go to plan
• Personal motivation - Commits self to work hard towards goals. Shows enthusiasm and career commitment.
• Team player - exhibits genuine enthusiasm in working/supporting team-mates and colleagues
• Positive / can do attitude
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on (Apply online only)