Founded in 1998, Synacor is the trusted technology development, multiplatform services and revenue partner for video, internet and communications providers, device manufacturers, and enterprises. We deliver modern, multiscreen experiences and advertising to their consumers that require scale, actionable data and sophisticated implementation. |
Our team is focused on building RESTful APIs for various email systems through agile development. We work with multiples protocols, programming languages and technologies as we build our API's for our internal and external clients. You will work with a talented and forward thinking team of engineers and product managers who are all passionate about this product and its success.
You will serve as a Senior Java Software Engineer to deliver high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications, provide production support for existing web applications, create technical design documents, develop and test Java software projects. You'll contribute to the evolution of the system's architecture, as well as the continual improvement of development processes.
What You'll Do
- You love programming. You stay up-to-date on the latest trends in the industry and look for ways to implement new ideas to continually improve your projects.
- You've worked on software projects as a member of a team. You find inspiration from others to improve your own coding abilities and methodologies.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle writing well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ability to prepare and produce releases of software components.
- You've built solutions in an agile workflow
- U nderstanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Y ou've used version control software, such as Git
- Demonstrated ability to meet and deliver on deadlines and work well under pressure
What We Need
- You will accomplish goals by coordinating your scrum team activities
- R eview code of other team members and provide technical feedback
- B .S. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience along with at least 5 years of experience
- Demonstrated experience in Java+ with multithreaded and distributed architectures
- P roven experience with unit testing using JUnit and PowerMock
- Solid understanding of web servers such as Jetty and GlassFish
- Hands on experience developing scalable, RESTful Java API's
- Excellent communication, analysis, and problem solving skills
- Experience using Maven, Hazelcast or Jersey will definitely stand out
- U nix command line and basic scripting