|Job Ref:||EMP374348||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Defence||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Frimley||Address:||Post Code:||GU16||Salary:||£43/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:32|
BAE Systems require a Hardware Systems Engineer to be a part of the Type 26 EOSCS/GFCS Hardware team working on the development of an Electro Optic Sensor Control System and a Gun Fire Control System. The role is based at Frimley and is an initial 6 month contract paying £43/hr.|
Knowledge and experience in designing with COTS hardware and PC technology.
The role will be to assist with the early life cycle activities of the development, in particular the baselining of hardware requirements and flow down to sub-contractors and suppliers via Procurement Specifications, and to support the preparation and delivery of Contract Deliverable Documents.
- To review and interpret systems test requirements and prepare procedures which when used in conjunction with specific ground test systems (rigs) will acquire the necessary test data for performance analysis and subsequent overall systems certification.
- To elicit customer requirements, translate them into software models and integrate with simulation hardware.
- To carry out systems equipment test against the test procedure, operating both 'special to type' and 'general purpose' test equipment, in order to demonstrate serviceability and to conduct as appropriate equipment repairs, modifications and servicing to ensure availability of correct standard of equipment.
- To evaluate test equipment proposals from equipment suppliers or offer testing solutions when none exists. Has acquired the necessary competence through theory, experience and skill within discipline and requires minimal supervision.
• Knowledge and experience in designing with COTS hardware and PC technology.
• Experience with COTS cabinets, cabinet design, wiring and wiring schedules, power distribution etc.
• Knowledge of EMC and environmental (shock, vibration, cooling) control measures applied to equipment containing COTS items to meet military specifications
• Good documentation skills
• An excellent team player with strong communication skills, and an ability to work independently with minimal supervision and quickly learn on the job
• Experience in Naval Combat System Equipment architecture, technical design & delivery; including physical requirements and associated design & installation attributes, build & manufacture, physical integration and Acceptance
• Knowledge of current networking technology, utilising both Ethernet and serial interfaces
• Experience of working with sub-contractors
• Knowledge of the currently deployed Naval systems based on COTS technology
• Experience in Design Certification.