|Job Ref:||EMP374336||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||Address:||Salary:||£45,000 - £65,000/year||Post Date:||13/10/2016 21:37|
Rail Safety Consultant This is an immediate requirement for a Safety Consultant or Safety Engineer with experience of working in the Rail sector.|
A great opportunity has arisen for a Safety Consultant to work for a leading Engineering Consultancy in the Wiltshire area. This Safety Consultant role will be working on a number of new programmes and products being developed for both the UK and international markets. Clients are varied and can range from rail operators through to tier 1 supplier.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a Rail Safety Engineer role previously.
Re-locators are also welcome to apply and my client can offer assistance to those who qualify.
JOB DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS
Responsibilities for this Rail Safety Consultant role
- Develop strategies to ensure safety and reliability as well as identify hazards and assess safety risks
- Define and analyse safety and reliability requirements and carry out design safety and reliability analysis
- Undertake hazard identification and analysis and maintain hazard logs
- Put together safety arguments and safety cases
- Implement a common and auditable approach in the identification of Safety and RAM requirements, their implementation, and the demonstration of compliance with those requirements
- To comply with current best practice, including relevant legislation, standards (e.g. CENELEC 50126/50128/50129 and IEC 61508 etc.) and guidelines.
- To keep up to date with current best practice in risk assessment and risk management (e.g. European developments on Common Safety Methods)
- Communicate relevant information on risk issues to those who need to know (e.g. managers, project managers, health, safety, HR, contractors and colleagues).
- To liaise with the client and other external parties as necessary
- To provide support as required in new business development activities, including contribution to proposals, identification of potential business opportunities (especially cross-selling), and advice to appropriate managers of potential business opportunities identified.
- To act as Project Manager and have a leading role in a range of future signalling, control, rail operations, infrastructure, electrification, software, human factors, and rolling stock related projects.
- Control of own project budgets and delivery.
Requirements for this Rail Safety Manager role
- 7 years’ experience in the UK Rail industry in a safety-related role
- 7 years’ experience in a relevant assurance role
- Preparation of Safety Cases
- Experience of producing: System Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Event Tree Analysis (ETA), Common Cause Failure Analysis, Functional Failure Analysis (FFA), Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Interface Hazard Analysis (IHA), System Hazard Logs, System Hazard Analysis Reports
- Familiarity with ALARP principles and ALARP arguments
- Formal presentations to groups such as clients and review panels
- Common Safety Method (CSM) for Risk Assessment
- EN 50126, EN 50128, EN 50129 (including use of SILs)
- IEC 61508